SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my name is Guido and I´m working on my raceway the last 2 years (and maybe the next 2 years too
), and I wanne show you some pictures!

(If you want more, it shouldn´t be a problem
)

By the way: The size of my room is 6,10m x 4,00m. It´s a 3-lane track in combination with a single lane ralleytrack.

Thank´s for looking

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mark0,

I´m living in Wuppertal, maybe 50km eastern from cologne.

Sorry for the track plan
! Here we go:

Both bridges were removed! The "pendant bridge" (I hope it´s the right word!) is on a new place. And the other bridge - I don´t know at this time!

Thx!

PS: Your german is much better then my english, I think
!

· Registered
101 Posts
ZITAT(Akademus @ 1 Jun 2011, 20:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you should try out driving some trucks on your track, it would match to the scenery.
Do you remember "Franz Meersdonk" and "Günther Willers" ???
Hi Akadenus,

you changed your mind??

Yes, I remember "Franz Meersdonk" and "Günther Willers"

I´m sorry for the pics, but my camera is brocken, I took the last pics with my fathers camera (no DSLR)

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi tom,

at first I would only build a 3lane raceway. After finished work, I started with landscaping, and I saw a lot of great rallyetracks in this and in the german freeslotter forum, so I decided to put a singlelane track in my landscaping!

· Registered
101 Posts
Thank´s for the nice comments
. I try to descibe the building of the surface step by step.

1. The underground is for me not the matter. It could be paper, carton, chicken wire or brocken parts of styrofoam.

2. I cover it with plaster bandage.

3. I use Aluminium foil for the rough surface. The biggest problem for me, was to find the right plaster-mixture. I take "internal plaster" mixed with "plaster of paris" (i hope that are the right words) at a ratio of 1:1! ca. 5-8min after i had put on the aluminium foile, I take it away very carefully.

4. For painting the surface I use black "dispersion paint / emulsion paint" mixed very thin with water together and a paintbrush or a pump-sprayer.

The "stones" are broken parts of plaster

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi,

I worked the last days a little bit on my raceway, and I checked out a new plaster: "Rocasa" from "Knauff" Is a special model plaster and cheap. I paid for 40kg ~ 11€.

Here the difference to the old plaster:

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi Phil,

at first I´m sorry for my late answere, but I was the last two weeks in croatia without any internet :-((!

I used Terokal 2444 from Teroson. I draw it up into a syringe and put a small strip on the mdf-plate! after 25min waiting time I put the braid onto the mdf.

alternativ you can take dobble adhesive tape "VHB" from "3M" but it´s in Germany very expensive!

Guido

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi,

anytime if I took pictures from the section of the desk, I hate the open area which I will use later to work on the cars. So I decided to build a drawer. So if I take pictures the drawer is on the desk, otherwise I can put it away!

Here´re some pictures:

This is the result (not finaly but close to
)

And so it has started:

At first the desk!

And the drawer:

At last, I played with "green"

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.