Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
The First additional meeting in the SCHORC calendar will be the 'GpC Endurance Car' meeting, to be held on 24th August

Racing Gp C cars by Tomy with stock Turbo chassis, prepared, Dyno matched and supplied by HO Racing Ahead. The Chassis will be dedicated to the lane not the team. A spare chassis will also be prepared.

The bodies to be supplied by the team, Tomy Plastic body only, can be lowered, no resins and of course GpC. Liveries are a must.

It will be a team race of 2 drivers, racing across 4 lanes, the Lane duration will be 22mins (1/64 scale 24hrs), with driver changes at the 11 minutes midway point. There will be random 'wet' condition pit stops to change from silicone tyres to rubber tyres to simulate slippery surfaces, also pitstops to change pinion gear and rear axle.

Three sets of tyres only to be used, New Stock Rubber, Silicone .440 (Tyco fit .422) and silicone .446 (Tyco fit .426)

The track will be a typical Endurance Series track. that will be simplified to marshall.

Team A Rosewood Racing, Al wood and Paul Rose

Team B Stata Racing, Tony Stacey and Lee Taylor

Team C RobRoy Racing, Roy Masters and Bob Sanders

Team D ?????????, James Easton and *Dave Ogden

Track open at 7pm for practice, Race starts at 8pm

*TBC

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (slowracer @ 22 Jul 2011, 10:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The First additional meeting in the SCHORC calendar will be the 'GpC Endurance Car' meeting, to be held on 24th August

Racing Gp C cars by Tomy with stock Turbo chassis, prepared, Dyno matched and supplied by HO Racing Ahead. The Chassis will be dedicated to the lane not the team.

The bodies to be supplied by the team, Tomy Plastic body only no resin and of course GpC. Liveries

It will be a team race of 2 drivers, racing across 4 lanes, the Lane duration will be 22mins (1/64 scale 24hrs), with driver changes at the 11 minutes midway point. There will be random 'wet' condition pit stops to change from silicone tyres to rubber tyres to simulate slippery surfaces, also pitstops to change pinion gear and rear axle.

Three sets of tyres only to be used, New Stock Rubber, Silicone .440 (Tyco fit .422) and silicone .446 (Tyco fit .426)

The track will be a typical Endurance Series track. that will be simplified to marshall

Team A Rosewood Racing, Al wood and Paul Rose,

Team B Stata Racing, Tony Stacey and Lee Taylor

Team C ??????????, Roy Masters and Bob Sanders or *

Team D ??????????, James Easton and Bob Sanders or *

Track open at 7pm for practice, Race starts at 8pm

*Just waiting for one more club member to confirm!

Tony - Nice names, you sure you want to put yourself through this ordeal being with me
As for the other guys I spoke with Jim, Bob and Dave yesterday and they all seemed up for it. I think Dave and Jim were going to PM you.

Some Ideas - Team C ??????????, Roy Masters and Bob Sanders or * - - - RobRoy Racing
Team D ??????????, James Easton and Bob Sanders - - - Eastsanders

Sorry well made me laugh.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice thinking, I like it, but I will wait until the pairings are settled.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RobRoy Racing it is!

Just need one for Jim and Dave now

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Body list for the GpC Endurance meeting

Jaguar XJR all versions

Toyota GTP Not strictly a GpC but allowable

Mercedes C9

Nissan March 86-G

Porsche 962

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (slowracer @ 26 Jul 2011, 13:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>RobRoy Racing it is!

Just need one for Jim and Dave now

How about

DaJavu Racing

well it amused me

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes its the Toyota and its fine

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ha ha ha

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5 Chassis, selected, built and track tested, the performance level is quite well balanced.

Bodies so far

Rosewood Racing....... Mercedes

Stata Racing.............. Jaguar XJR

DaJavu Racing........... Toyota GTP

RobRoy Racing.......... ???????????

·
Registered
437 Posts
Tony,

I like DaJaVu Racing for the team name. I just need to get Dave to confirm he's coming!

In light of recent controversy
would this body be more 'authentic' ?

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No controversy here, the Toyota is ok, its in the list and I said so

Use the Porsche if you wish, but it is weight heavy at the back! Did you ever see the videos of the real thing, fishtailing everwhere.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (asjwood @ 27 Jul 2011, 19:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a nice looking car Jim, I don't think such controversy exists at SCHORC though...

OH Yes there is.....

Tony I have got my tyre swapping down to a fine art, I can even do the sound effects.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts