SlotForum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
novice jazz player &
6,599 Posts
When I was buying batteries for my SCP controllers I found plenty of 3.7V LiPo batteries on line which were smaller than the slot.it reported maximum dimensions and which come with a ready-fitted red plug type SYP-02T-1.

Double check dimensions and plug type and all should be good :)

c

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tip: If both LED lights are on and the display says Pt - then you've entered programming mode. The only way to get out of this is to complete the trigger curve programming per the separate SCP-3 reprogramming manual.

I accidently entered this today, and it took a while to figure out what was going on. =)

·
Registered
79 Posts
[QUOTE = " Slot.it , publicación: 2374889, miembro: 297"]
Solo una actualización: el SCP3 ahora es compatible con todos los cartuchos, analógicos o digitales.
[/ CITA]

You mean I can put my SCP-2 digital cartridge into SCP-3? So, will I have two information screens? one goes out? or am I lost?

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I think it is time to start a new thread about the SCP3 to discuss our stories and experience with this excellent new generation of slot.it controllers.

I got mine today. Installed the app on my Android device without any issue (sorry for you all sucker with an iOS device - it sucks I know ;-)) .

Performed the registration and the first firmware upgrade: painless.

It is so nice not to have to use the bootloader!

Register with my M6 (I wish it had been a GTR...but it will come later) and all works as it should!

Run a couple of laps on RCSO2 and again all working perfectly.

Next week we will be out of lockdown and I should put it through its racing with my oXigen crew.

Next: I have the PA module but I have not installed it yet. This will be the next steps. But first I have to give my arms a nice workout.

Next next: I do not have a battery yet (I bought the power module and the controller is wired as a standard SPC2 with oXigen - call me old fashioned but I like to have controlled "wired" to the track). THis will be the next step although I am not sure how much I will use it.

Overall, very positive first impression. I will recommend this controller to another guy racing at my place now that I know how painless it is to active and play with it.

Finally, a bit thank you to the slot.it team to deliver another outstanding piece of equipment and keeping pushing the envelope!
This may appear to be a stupid question, but you mention that your SCP3 is wired? My question is can this be simply plugged into a Scaley C7042 as a wired controller?

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
I think I can answer both questions...

The SCP3 has built-in oXigen wireless. There would be no point or reason to install the original oXigen cartridge into the SCP3, therefore it is not supported. If you find that you need more powerful wireless signal, then the PAM is available for that purpose. I don't know what would happen if you would install an O2 cart into the SCP3, but I expect it will simply not function, at least not properly, if at all.

The SCP3 CAN use the Universal Digital cartridge. I'll have to check with slot.it about the older digital cartridges, but I expect they would also work. However, one needs to install the correct firmware into the handle for it to work properly. As of the time of this message, that firmware is titled: SCP3-HN-DIG-0311b-200924.zip and is intended for use with the SCP201e universal digital cartridge.

From the factory, you can use the SCP completely wireless by installing a compatible battery into the handle. It can then be used to control an oXigen chipped car, or the CRI wireless receiver. Note that if you are using the digital cartridge (for wired SSD/Carrera/etc) with the CRI, then the standard oXigen firmware in the SCP3 is expected. It's only if you intend to plug the universal digital cartridge directly into the SCP3 handle that you would need the special firmware. The SCP3 will also work out of the box with the analog cartridges, with no need to change firmware.

To be clear, if you purchase an SCP3 and want to use it with your wired digital power base (e.g. C7042), then you would need to purchase the Universal Digital (wired) cartridge, and install the firmware previously mentioned.

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
This may appear to be a stupid question, but you mention that your SCP3 is wired? My question is can this be simply plugged into a Scaley C7042 as a wired controller?
hi Longdog
yes my SCP3 is wired: I knew that getting the battery Slot.it recommends was going to be a pain, so I decided to buy the power supply cart for SCP3: Slot.it SCP-3 Power Supply Cartridge
Mr Flippant has answered your question about using the SCP with the APB but to be honest with you I do not recommend it. A truspeed controller is more suitable.
If you are planning to move to oXigen, then get an SCP2 with an oXigen cart if you can get one second hand.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Getting a functional battery is easy. Getting one with a LOT of milliamps that fits without modification to the handle is a little trickier. If I were on a team in a 24hr race that used only one controller (rather than cloning so that each driver had his own), then I'd probably go with wired power, or work on a larger battery. So far, though, the 300ma one I'm using in mine have been more than adequate.

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have tried to get a decent battery down here but I do not want to pay stupid money for it.
Unless the organizers of the race would have driving positions around the track which could complicate the installation of power stations for controllers, I really do not see the point of having a controller running on batteries. And to be honest, even on my track I do not see the point of having a battery-run controller: we stick to our stations for the whole 3 hours and we have enough power sockets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi All,
I am not sure I have already given the information of the battery that I am using.
I have bought it on Amazon. It is currently unavailable, but will probably come back soon in stock.
It fits perfectly well in the SCP3 without needing any cut to the handle.

Human body Rectangle Font Circle Number

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is another (long and painful) experience that might be worth sharing.

I have recieved 2 new SCP3. I have switched then ON and press a button and go in the “hn” mode .
I have been able to register both of them succesfully with the Slotit App 1.5.1 (on a Samsung Galaxy Android)
Both shown to be SCP3 firmware 3.12. in the Slotit App. So far, so good.

Then I switched them OFF and ON and they then displaid “Pt” and stay locked in what I undestood is the "Programming Trigger" mode. This was really unexpected to me since the SCP3 should have been ready to use at that stage. I was lucky enough to be on that forum an found how to get out of that mode (ReprogrammingSCP-2.en_.pdf).
=> Maybe a side effect of the Firmware 3.12?

Then I wanted to upgrade the SCP3 to the latest firmware 3.15a with the SloitApp. Trying to put the SCP3 into the APP mode by powering ON the SCP3 with UP and DOWN buttons pressed never succeded.

Again I was lucky enough to re-initialize the SCP3 just by chance by powering it up with UP, DOWN and Rond Buttons pressed . So I had to register it again with the App and believe it or not I was able to go from here into DFU mode and upgrade it to 3.15a. Now I can go into the APP Mode and select "Handle" to communicate with the App but the App cannot communicate "Device Not Found !" message.
But the App communicate well with cars which suggets the App works fine and the two SCP3 communicate well with the bootloader PC application which suggest the SCP3 are ok too.

Both SCP3 were similar. At the end they are functionnal
=> I wonder if this is a known (compatibility issue) problem or me, doing a mistake?
I'll keep you posted if I have a solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
To communicate SCP3 with the app. You have to press UP AND DOWN arrow AT THE SAME TIME and turn on the remote, then APP has to appear on the SCP3 display, then hit the DOWN arrow and it will put HANDLE and select with the ROUND BUTTON and it will put HN. Once here you should be able to connect with the remote.

·
Registered
21 Posts
To communicate SCP3 with the app. You have to press UP AND DOWN arrow AT THE SAME TIME and turn on the remote, then APP has to appear on the SCP3 display, then hit the DOWN arrow and it will put HANDLE and select with the ROUND BUTTON and it will put HN. Once here you should be able to connect with the remote.
Stupid me ! I simply forgot to select the Handle with the Round button and get "hn" on the display. Then it worked perfectly.
Thank you so much MALAFAMA for the reminder. I should have read again carefully the documentation.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts