SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick picture of the a new layout.
My imagination is still asleep...but what the heck?

Just a dizzy track for now, I have problems getting the single lane straights and curves to fill the same distances between two lane pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, rubberduck.
I may have a go in due course, but I need to study your creations more closely first.

I can do the fallen trees, but they are 1:1 last night / today!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hey The Lone Racer .. that´s very innovative and smart!! [so I´ll copy the idea!]

But it goes a round and a round only one way? All right hand turns .. why not put the straight cross-over in the middle straight instead for some left handers ..

p.s. managed to edit in this ---

It´s a quickie, with an added twist. First lap is outer lane around the perimeter. Next change to inner passing S/F an dive into the middle straight where you change lane [at NON-digi cross-over] to left lane. Broad fast turn to left, full speed straight and turn again to middle and LC to right lane to S/F.

Short straights used only to determin track pieces lenght, might do good with cutting some pieces. More variation with a twist at start and a left hander loop? The digi-LC in wrong direction and should be a cross-over instead!

-- ron --

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your image ron.
I think you may have an extra full straight in the middle.
I only have 9' x 6' to play with, but I like your theory.
I might have a play tomorrow.

The Classic straight cross-over has had to be introduced because Scalextric don't think us analogue users deserve such a thing now-a-days!

Ian...that's me all over!
A good personal description, but what do you think of the layout?

I may even post a tutorial somewhere else for the old oil barrells sometime.
But then people would think I did scenery.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All change...watch this space.
Coming soon, to a post near you...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Life may be unfair, but you produce lovely cars...the rest of us pay for them Gray!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it took some working out and fiddling...but I now have a one car 4 lane track all to myself.

Presenting...The Corkscrew Speedway!
(The barrier at turn 4 is now taped under the track so it looks a bit straighter
if only I had more space, 6 lanes?
)

Attachments

·
Doilum
975 Posts
Nice one Lone Racer.

What's the lap time.
Hey, you could try rear end clipping those barrels. Send them shooting off into the bonsai. (oh, having looked again at the photo I don't see any of your famous bonsai).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (chief32s @ 23 Mar 2008, 14:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What's the lap time.
Hey, you could try rear end clipping those barrels. Send them shooting off into the bonsai. (oh, having looked again at the photo I don't see any of your famous bonsai).
The lap times will be posted with the cars in my gallery in a short time.

Go to "The Lone Racer's collection" and view...the Square Route times already accompany the cars.

To assist viewing in classes, choose "caption" and "descending" in the option and they will all group together for easier comparison.

As for the Bonsai, they are outside in the snow, just breaking out into leaf (well most of them are).

QUOTE (RobBG @ 23 Mar 2008, 16:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is digital yes ?
PS - can I see a bigger picture of the chicken please

There is no need to use language like that!
Digital, not here RobBG.

I'll get an image of the foul later for your viewing pleasure.

QUOTE (RobBG @ 23 Mar 2008, 16:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hang on a minute - you might be onto something here ...
Really?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just to let you know, chief32s, I have posted about half the lap times for The Corkscrew Speedway this morning.

Up so far are the GT, WRC Rally, LMP, F1, Truck and the Miscellaneous times.
Hope you find them of interest, the rest will follow shortly.

Just off over the Moors this morning to Whitby and Pickering to see the snow!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All times for The Corkscrew Speedway now added to gallery images (except F1 McLaren MP4/16 2004, Rally Raid Hummer H1).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, at long last...another single track track!
This one's called "Cock O' The North" (the name just came to me...don't ask!).

Miker prompted me into action about a month ago, but been too busy to get images sorted.
Pathetic excuse really.

Anyhow, some more cars will soon appear in the appropriate places, but for now enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ian, are they the Hairy Bikers that bring cakes with them?

The track is quite good, not spent much time on it yet...however...not got much on this Thursday (weather permitting!).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.