Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I only got back into Scalextric/slot cars in March after about a 37 year hiatus.

The set I bought - the Renault Boutique one, c.1996 - came with these.....

Williams Renault and Benetton Renault. I'm not an F1 fan, so they stay in their box most of the time.

It also came with these included.....

Now, that's more my style!
Maxi Megane rally car in 1996 RAC Rally livery and Laguna in 1996 BTCC livery. These were the inspiration for my collection.

Then I bought these, to start my collection of GTs. They will be added to at a later date (Christmas, please Santa??).

Shortly after, I had an attack of "bidding fever" and bought these.....

Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking! I'd already decided that I wanted to "theme" my collection and these non-descript cars really didn't fit the bill. I paid more than I should have for the Vectra.
I've decided that eventually they will become my first (and hopefully last, now that I'm starting to get sensible) attempts at re-livery. The Vectra will become a quasi- Vectra 2.5 V6 SRi Challenge car and the Corolla a quasi- 2003 British Rally Championship contender. Both will be in liveries of businesses my family has owned in the past. Notice the crude attempts at re-livery without re-painting? I was practicing my decal-making skills.

Sensible head back on, I bought these. A proper RAC Rally car, 1998 this time, and another 1996 BTCC car.

Just this week, I've bought 2 late '80s (OK, so the Integrale is in San Remo 1991 livery if you want to be pedantic) rally cars.

..... And a proper eBay bargain. 1996 BTCC again.

Cost me £2:99 It was more than that for replacement mirrors!! It's got cracks in the glass, but they aren't too noticable and the wheels span on the axles so I raided my spares (yes, I've collected some already!) and sorted that.

There are 2 more GTs and a pair of GT40s coming next week (birthday). The GTs are the Scalextric Aston Martin DBR9 Gulf number 009 and Jaguar XKR number 33. I'll post pics of these when I get them.

At the last count, I still want at least 20 more.
....Including some Le Mans Prototypes and some Historic Rally Cars.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Ooops! I must have clicked the wrong button.

I meant to add the post to FZSsemans®'s "Cars Bought By Members In 2011" thread. D'OH! I was a little puzzled when I couldn't post without a topic title.

Thanks for the comments, though, chaps.

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Welcome Back!!!!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Keeto @ 6 Jun 2011, 15:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome Back!!!!

Thank you.
I'm getting far more into it than I ever did back then. I have to say, though, that without the benefit of the internet I'd maybe not have bothered at all this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts