Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Here are the two rarest Jouef cars you can get.
The fully chromed Ferrari & BRM F1 cars.
An odd one occassionaly pops up, & even then they`re normally fake. These are 100% genuine,
You hardly ever see two together.
I`m really buzzing about these two.
Cheers,
Kev

Ferrari.

BRM.

Genuine chrome plate bases.

The chrome Ferrari next to another rarity, the chrome top/ black base version.(The gold top/black base is the more common version.)

The BRM next to the more common chrome top/black base version.

Standard green , full chrome, (Spanish) yellow & chrome top/black base BRM.

Full chrome, gold top/black base, chrome top/black base, red & blue Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
A nice pair Kev! I bet they will have pride of place in your collection.

Thanks for showing us and make sure you take care of them!!

Cheers,
Philip

·
Registered
942 Posts
Congratulations.

I have no idea of its difficulty because they are not looking, I guess you already know that Jouef manufactured in France, England (Playcraft), Germany (Egger) and Spain (Enrique Keller).

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Bernard, that is SetC in the Champion range. Only you could get an unopened set!

The idea was that you also bought SetB with the red & green Ferrari , put the two together & have four lane family fun!
Your cars will be black base versions which are more common in the UK.
EType? What colour have you got Bernard??
Cheers
Kev.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
I always wonder, who would have had that 4 lane set in the sixties/seventies. must have been a rich family
nice ones, as usual!

·
redstar
1,570 Posts
Hi Kev,a wonderful photo of the ferraris & BRMs !
I also have set #A which also has the inner curves. In Jag XKEs i have- 1st in hardtop-1 chrome,1 white,2nd in convertible- 1 green,1 red .You are right the chrome BRMs & Ferraris cars have black bottoms( i have 4).Thanks,Bernard

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Hi Bernard.

Set A was the starter set. It had the best cars in & many were sold in the UK. It is now the most expensive set to buy!
Jouef ETypes.
There was never actually a full chrome version of the EType.
There is someone in Holland who is chroming Jouef cars & making a lot of money out of it.
A Jouef collector can easily spot a fake.

The early Jaguars & Mercedes were a sort of electroplated dull silver/gray. This is probably what you have.

White is the rarest EType colour, followed by the gray.

Red is also a rare colour. Dark green is common in the UK but rarer in France!

Look out for ETypes with "oscillating motors". These are very early examples from 1963 & increases the models value.
A car with an oscillating motor is easily identified by the two wires soldered to the side of the motor.
The rear axle holder will also rotate around the motor shaft. This gives the car added stability on the track.

Some of the rarer Jouef ETypes & Mercedes 300sl cars are very expensive.

I have just paid over £400 for a hardtop Mercedes.

Cheers
Kev.

Oscilating motor pictured top. Note the two wires & seperate rear axle holder which could pivot.
Later standard "pea" motor on bottom. Notice it is now a solderless design. Very neat.

·
Administrator
9,640 Posts
The Jouef sets were very affordable, compared to Scalextric or Circuit 24, probably the two most prestigious brands in France. So a 4 lane track would have been much easier to put together with Jouef than the other manufacturers.

There was also Troby, Joma, Miniamil and a few others, plus the odd Hong Kong set, but I think Jouef was the least expensive of all the domestic brands.

Lots of "bling bling" there, as we say these days... Wonder if Sarkozy had a Jouef?

Don

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He`ll have had two Don.
Plenty of slot car heritage in France.
I also collect French Scalextric. They are superior to the English versions.
Cheers
Kev

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just for people who haven`t seen Jouef cars before.
Here`s an idea of the size difference against a 1960s c72 Scalextric BRM.
Cheers
Kev.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts