SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
Jamie, every time I watch a race from Monza, I think about that old oval! I think most of it has now deteriorated to a rather sad degree, but it's nice to see a pic that clearly shows where the original oval course was. Thanks for the pic!

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
Sure, nightglider1!.... where do you live?

Seriously, though, I just love the history and I get a bit sad when I see something like the Monza GP and catch a glimpse of the old circuit on the TV cameras and yet there is no mention of it, as there was just a few short years ago.... almost as if the past doesn't matter anymore. It isn't just Monza - it happens everywhere. And it makes me sad whenever I come across an example of a track that has given way to "society" or "progress" without being preserved as it once was or even as I once knew it.... Monza, Riverside, or, one of the most profound, if lesser known, examples in North America.... Paramount Ranch!

Yeah, yeah.... I'm getting old!

In fact, though, Paramount Ranch was a circuit modelled in the 60's in a series of major slot magazine articles because it leant itself so well to slot racing! One example of a track modelled after Paramount Ranch is here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.