SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share a few pics with you guys of our slot car track we setup this year for a bit of festive fun. I lurk here and you chaps have been a great source of info.

This year I went about trying to sort out a viable working pitlane for us to use and using an old scaley one with some extra track to extend it, it worked very well and added a great element during the racing.

And the track plan.

Hopefully this year we will start work on a prenament layout in a garage, but at the moment an industrial size vaccum former is hogging the room. When thats clear the track builders will move in

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Nice project! Really goodlooking track! Have fun this evening!!! And happy newyear!

We celebrate new year with our friends (six couples) and five of the guys are my regular monday evening slotrace buddies. We're having our Newyear's eve dinner in our living room... a few meters above "Petit Spa". It will be very hard to resist! But I think "Misses Petit Spa" will close the garage door!

Cheers

Gunther

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
That - for me at least - is a classic Christmas image. A Scalextric track, a tree and the furniture pushed back.

I've spent over 30 years and thousands of pounds striving to keep alive the feeling I got the first time a saw such a sight in person.

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
QUOTE That - for me at least - is a classic Christmas image. A Scalextric track, a tree and the furniture pushed back.

Wow, Scott. You got that much track for Christmas when you were a nipper?

Took me ages to get to the 'push back the furniture' stage of track design.

Does bring back happy memories of the Tyrrell and the BRM dicing it out on the banked curves...

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
It does bring back memories - me and my brother taking it in turns to race against our Dad! Whoever wasn't racing had to hold the dog to stop her walking over the track.

Great times!

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts