SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh no, where am I? I suddenly feel a yearning for fondue and Guiness. So Swiss, this is what you were hinting about recently. I'm happy to see so many familiar handles, particularly of those notorious few (well, one) who ran afoul of the law in the land of the free. But in all sincerity are you sure you want to welcome Yanks to your table? We can be a bit overbearing and moralistic at times, you know. My own orientation to the hobby is probably different from most Europeans, so I doubt if I will have much to say on most topics (okay, keep the applause down), and I even promise not to tromp mud from my cowboy boots onto Moped's carpet. One word of caution: PLEASE keep politics, religion and world affairs out of the fora. I've seen several slot boards threatened by rants and name-calling having absolutely nothing to do with slots or autosports. Of course, as you mentioned, that might just be an American thing (Europeans never argue about that stuff). With best wishes and a good day to you all, what!

mp

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Hi and welcome

People from all countries are welcome and we appreciate you being here. There won't be an Off-topic area, but we might just create a Welcome/Introductions area.

What is your orientation to the hobby?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nuro,

By orientation, I meant that I run on a routed wood track in my basement, don't use magnets, would have a hard time identifying any post-1970 cars, like to scratchbuild my own cars and couldn't give a damn about the latest Scaley gossip or Fly limited edition. Other than that, I'm sure we are all brothers!

mp

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Well I know of a few others already here that share that orientation.

I run on a plastic Scaly Sport track, but if I'd found the Internet forums a year and a half ago before I got back into the hobby and bought the plastic, I might have just routed myself a track. I'm building a track on a table with cute trees and all the grass and stuff, but I already have plans for the mother of all hill-climb routed tracks. That will be my winter project for 2004/2005 (6ft of elevation with at least 60ft of road with different terrain. Imagine WRC goes to Tibet).

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE Imagine WRC goes to Tibet

Don't know about that. Latest row with FIA means we might see WRC goes to Hell! Latest rumors are Ford (surprise - ish) and Hyundai (no surprise) might pull out for 2004. Big shame.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I would like to add that I most particularly welcome the American 'mob'!
(let's face it - they were nearly all Europeans not so many years back anyway!)
I have enjoyed three years of exposure to them on various boards and was always made very welcome. I would miss them VERY badly. They are a great bunch and I hope as many of you Far Westerners as possible will join and give us the benefit of your slant on things. That slant is often much the same, but it's often quite different too and that makes for a very interesting and lively mix.
Good to see you Michael!

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE I would like to add that I most particularly welcome the American 'mob'!
Yeah,but no Canadians Eh!They're a bad bunch,nuthin but Snow n Beavers over there.
I hear.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The only problem that I have with Canadians is the strange way they pronounce simple words like about and decal.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE The only problem that I have with Canadians is the strange way they pronounce simple words like about and decal.
Yeah,but,we got Moose Head Beer,and we pronounce that OK,even after consuming rather large quantities.Hic

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE we got Moose Head Beer
With Scottish and American connotations both prevalent in Canada, that name seems a particularly ripe target for a touch of typically Tropi pi taking! But apparently I must behave with (a little) more decorum in my new capacity, so I will keep my trap shut (with great difficulty)!

Welcome ALL of you!

·
DT
5,195 Posts
LSIntegra94 has just walked in! Welcome!
Good to have you here.

All we need is Gorp, then I'll have someone to chat to. Anybody got his email?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE Tea boy sounds a bit effete.

Better get posting then dear boy!

Until then..Milk and two please Sonny Jim..

Hugs and kisses

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts

QUOTE ...but that Petr Solberg is a keeper.

Read in a fake Dutch accent a la Austin Powers Gold Member.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts