SlotForum banner

There goes the neighborhood

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Wankel Ickx 
#1 ·
Oh no, where am I? I suddenly feel a yearning for fondue and Guiness. So Swiss, this is what you were hinting about recently. I'm happy to see so many familiar handles, particularly of those notorious few (well, one) who ran afoul of the law in the land of the free. But in all sincerity are you sure you want to welcome Yanks to your table? We can be a bit overbearing and moralistic at times, you know. My own orientation to the hobby is probably different from most Europeans, so I doubt if I will have much to say on most topics (okay, keep the applause down), and I even promise not to tromp mud from my cowboy boots onto Moped's carpet. One word of caution: PLEASE keep politics, religion and world affairs out of the fora. I've seen several slot boards threatened by rants and name-calling having absolutely nothing to do with slots or autosports. Of course, as you mentioned, that might just be an American thing (Europeans never argue about that stuff). With best wishes and a good day to you all, what!

mp

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nuro,

By orientation, I meant that I run on a routed wood track in my basement, don't use magnets, would have a hard time identifying any post-1970 cars, like to scratchbuild my own cars and couldn't give a damn about the latest Scaley gossip or Fly limited edition. Other than that, I'm sure we are all brothers!

mp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.