SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...seems they didn't make it to production but Hornby Hobbies have a patent on leaning bikes anyway.

Interesting the stuff you can find when poking around the British Patents Office website;
QUOTE The vehicle preferably includes a an arm carrying magnets and further magnets of like polarity are mounted on each side of the vehicle. When cornering, the magnets on the outside of the corner are moved closer to each other, creating a repulsive force which biases the chassis to lean into the corner.

It also talks about a steering front wheel; I don't recall the one I tried having that either.

Shame they didn't get it to work. Or maybe that should be, shame they haven't got it to work, YET?

The records also show that the patents for the bikes and what is to be Sport World were applied for in 2002, with development time obviously running before that they clearly have been beavering away on these ideas for a while.

Interesting.

Good thing I'm back to work next week - spending way too much time surfing for stuff.

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Very interesting indeed, Wankel

I suppose that if you saw the patent, it must mean that they made an application about two years ago (during which period it would not be disclosed), as you say

Now, did you see anything related to SSD ?

Ciao
Beppe

·
Registered
161 Posts
You've clearly got waaaayyyy too much time on your hands!

QUOTE It also talks about a steering front wheel; I don't recall the one I tried having that either.

The front wheel does turn, but not very much (and I doubt you'd notice it on a race track.

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SSD

Er? No.

But then, I wasn't looking.

What is SSD, again?

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
maybe Adrian could answer this one, has anyone tryed to angle the slot in the bends? say 45% or so to give the bikes the "lean" it would probably need a deeper slot and a transitional section, just a thought mac p

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jamie, Jamie, Jamie...I ought to Moderate your sorry derriere out of cyberspace. And if your photo wasn't so funny I would.

Sheesh. What's a guy got to do to get some respect around here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts