SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi

I have gone from non permanent to permanent layout, and looking forward to do so!

here are some images from my old track:

But now I will go permanent.

I have a 20X5meter attic room for my dispossal, so I should be able to fit a decent table
I will go for a 2X10 meter table.

I am now planing on how the track should be, here are my thougts as of now:

View attachment Race_trac_draft.pdf

Please do comment, the layout is made with the current stock of track pieces, I hope to avoid buying that much
more track, as I am on a budget....

I will post more as I progress.

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
That is a nice space to build a track, almost club specs

Your design looks great ! What I can't see is If you can walk around the table ? With 2 m. that would be good, but not necessary of course. I look forward to the progress!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi Singer,

Given the amount of space you have, and that you have a blank canvas, I would seriously think about going the routered wood route. You obviously have CAD skills, judging by the track plan you have posted, so why not use them to full effect?

Cheers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nik

I have thought about it, my cad skills would not be any problem, my time how ever is another issue, and I like
the whole modular idea, but I am not totally against the idea, maybe in the future I will do some of the track
routed....

FANTASTIC track you have got, I have been looking at it for some time, and you are a great inspiration....

Peter

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Thank you Peter, it's nice to hear you like my track

To my mind, a permanent track is just that....and to be that way until you dismantle it forever. Modular would be to take down and reassemble whenever suits you, and also giving the opportunity to "redesign" should you so wish.

However, modular and routered MDF, do go together in the same sentence. Take a look at Sillage Racing (David Caille on here), he does some amazing stuff, if you don't know already.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Good Luck!

·
Greg Gaub
14,798 Posts
As long as you can easily get to the back where you have that elevated curvy section, it looks good. I'd love to have a great, big, dedicated room like that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nik!

Are you stalking me??

I am more than tempted! But it is more than I can take right now, I think I will start with what ever I have, remember
I have all the track pieces, if I was to go buy plastic track, I would go wood right away!

If I was to order the track from the genius it would easily cost me 3000.- Euro and even if I was able to sell the track pieces it would
be too much.

I think the plan is to get it up and running, and then redo selected pieces in routed wood my self, and thereby take a smaller risk...

Sorry about my English, it is obvious not my main language...

Best Peter

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi Singer,

Not stalking you...honest
In fact I don't ever visit the "Digital" side, I just happened to hit the "View new Posts" button, just after you'd been there.

Please don't apologise for you're English, it is excellent, and 100,000% better than my Danish

So, back to the thread, I wasn't suggesting that you buy one of David's works of art. More along the lines of a "Why Not Have a Go" ?

Cheers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sooo, I have made a little progress.

The table is now up, it is not as I previous thought 10 Meters long but 9.2 Meters.

I needed the space for my working bench, here you are able to do small pit-stop related things like adjustments, tire truing
or ID a stand in car, on one side and for more serious work you can sit on the other side:

Sorry about the mess!
The pink office chair will need a sex change...

Not strictly slot car related, but at the end of the room there will be room for 6 PS3 race stations, I only got two as of
now, but there is room for people to take there own PS3. the black surface is fake leather with a bit of upholstery to
enhance the"in-car-feeling"

The bit that's in in raw MDF to the most left side is the Pit area, there will be room for at least 4 cars, without anyone
blocking the track.

There will be small elevations throughout the track, among these an underpass, hope to get some air time here.

Slowly I will get there... or as a 80's commercial said:

Why slow mo when you can Flymo,

It makes no sense I know, just wanted to
share the memories.....

Hope to make the next update very soon!

·
Prof I T
11,098 Posts
Hi
A proper man cave is that,slot track,ps3 or 4
but wait no fridge for the tins..

·
Greg Gaub
14,798 Posts
Whew! I was worried about that, myself. ;-)
That room is truly epic. As if the slot track isn't enough, a gaming table big enough for 6 computers/consoles? A kitchenette? OMFG. DO WANT!

·
Registered
619 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 24 Apr 2014, 15:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whew! I was worried about that, myself. ;-)
That room is truly epic. As if the slot track isn't enough, a gaming table big enough for 6 computers/consoles? A kitchenette? OMFG. DO WANT!

What he said

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Great! When can I bring my Playseat and G25

Off topic; what games do play ? And do you play online against each other ?
On topic: Great combination, slots and sim racing.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts