SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Uh-huh .. some people sure have great visions, I´ll say that! .. Is there a time sheet done for this massive endevour? Or a plan for what features or buildings you´r gonna include?

If I recall it correctly, John Allen was building on his classic model railroad for some 25+ years. Always adding details and new features and buildings according [I believe] to a thoroughly thought out plan. And the size of it WAS massive! [I think it was a lifelong passion .. or in his case, an obsession]

Man, I wish I´d work in that way .. still have to finish a simple layout. Not to say, the stuff that´s been in the making for my slot track ..

Just a thought, with that vast space at hand, why not make it a 4-lane or partly multi-lane layout? And also, give it a Le Mans-feel or such. A track incorporated in some road-net, only temporary closed off for some serious racing?

I´ll keep an eye on this for sure!

-( R )-

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Thib .. I think you make most of us green with envy .. This is Just SO Good!!

The track has a marvelous flow and stunning undulations .. love the running rearlights on the main straight in the dark.

btw. It struck me, when doing the scenic "base" why do everyone put the foamboards just "flat" down? Just like you have taped them together on your track? I'd think it would be very easy to make biggish, rectangular, sturdy and hollow box like shapes as a base, say 5/10/15/20" high from baseboard. And "finetune" with adding 1" layers on top of that. Saves you some foamboard at least.
[Got the idea when I found a foam piece of an old SCX set, that was shaped like a box already so I'm gonna make it into another bridge]

-- ron --

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.