SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the email from MRE with the details of the new car for the 30th Anniversary, well done to the committee for that one

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
and .......... ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
This very much depends on Hornby, but they are estimating that the ship will dock in the UK sometime in July, meaning that the cars should be available for the Brooklands event in early August.

Fingers crossed!

·
Robb
581 Posts
So what is this years car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a Jaguar XKR

NSCC SCALEXTRIC LTD ED. For their 30th Anniversary this year, the NSCC have commisioned a special car from SCALEXTRIC which will be available exclusively to NSCC members. The Jaguar XKR-GT will be finished in British Racing Green with gold wheels and decorated in gold with the NSCC logos and striping. Only 750 cars are being produced, the catalogue number is C3144. NSCC website

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Actually, a mistake like that is just what the collectors will want. Some may already be hyperventilating at the prospect of explaining to a future James May how the error occurred and why it has made the car even more valuable.

(Joking aside, nice livery)

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
QUOTE (AndySlots @ 4 May 2010, 18:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>According to the website:

30 enthusiasts formed the NSCC in 1980 to bring together people who collected, raced and played with Scalextric. Since then the club has grown to around 1000 members worldwide.

From the websites Home page.

andy
The website is also incorrect - I did write a history of the early days of the NSCC but it has disappeared from the site for some reason.

Certainly Dale Tremble was approaching people and trying to form the club during late 1980 but the first newsletter appeared in January 1981 and the first year's membership ran from January through December, as it has continued to this day.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Who cares?

The Club is still going now, better than ever, thankfully.

The car is a great choice and a nice livery.

Cant wait to get my hands and one and keep it, along with all of the others I have bought.

BSN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts