SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Thomas and I have known each other for around six years I reckon but never met. He is over here at the moment on business and called to say he was going to pop up (only two and a half hour journey!) and say hello to the Phoenix gang.

The only problem was that it`s Wednesday, no club meeting tonight. I called round some of the Phoenix SF members and srapaul and GeeBee, Rob and Sam S were happy to turn out and meet up for a few laps with Thomas. I quickly put the Hoover around and sparked up the Circuit and Thomas arrived as promised.

It is always a pleasure to meet SF members. It reinforces the bonds established on line and we certainly improve our relationships by making that personal contact. It was great to meet Thomas and we spent the evening chatting as well as lapping the Phoenix circuit. (Thomas loves our `Bus Stop`
). I learned stacks from him and realised he he has an awesome knowledge of Carrera. He transformed a poorly performing Carrera Audi fitted with magnets into a competitive non magnet racer and demonstrated the need for a different driving technique. He was also very clued up on all things Carerra and briefed me on Carerra Digital, very timely with Beejay`s thread tonite.

We managed a fair few practise laps and a final race. This was a timed event raced partly in the dark by street lights only and Thomas came in a credible third. Geebee and srapaul, first and second. I can`t remember where I came in? Honest!

My main point in posting this is just to say thanks to Thomas for making the effort to come and see us and the Club circuit. Also to reinforce Beejays post about Carrera Digital, take a closer look guys. Hopefully Thomas will post on tha subject too so I won`t steal his thunder. My final point is this, try and get to any meeting where the SF members are attending as it`s great to meet in person. Switzerland here I come...one day I hope!

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Excellent John, I'm sure Thomas enjoyed himself as much as the rest of us that have visited your fine club.

As regards Thomas "enjoying" the bus stop...........

Now I would just like you to move your Club 50 or so miles south and that would be perfect!.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
773 Posts
...to many flowers Jon! I performed absolutely poor on the Phoenix-track - but my intention has been to meet you Jon! That is more important for me than loosing a race

About a posting referring to Carrera digital - I've to look!
And generally - visit our track in Switzerland - we'll not hide anything! Also Allan has a tremendous knowledge - so come, drive and ask!
And for Jon and Paul - many thanks for your hospitality! And bring more Pheonix-racers with you for the birthday-party! Luton-Zürich is available up from 11'99£ from easyjet! Decide quick and visit us!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts