Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like to see them now they remember what daylight is...

All that is missing is one fuel cap - Anyone know where I can get one? Spanish release. Man ! this would rock with a full set of lights! probably ruin any historic value it has though ehh?

Needs a box, a polish and a rechrome. UK release.

Complete with box and instructions (might need the wing mirrors?). Spanish release though slotcarportal has it listed in a different shade of blue and of Mexican origin.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE probably ruin any historic value it has though ehh?
Have no fear Swissy,it has niether.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an original Scalextric 1/32 scale.
You can still buy later copies, by Reprotec I think, in fact if anyone knows of any in a shop somewhere, post the link here please? I want to replace the worn chrome.

·
Jim Moyes
4,997 Posts
Unless you know something we don't, Swiss, the re-issued E-types are by Spanish Scalextric themselves. Reprotec are, however, bringing out many re-issues of the old Exin era cars so the Jag may be in their future plans.

If you can find someone with the Coches Miticos mag including the blue E-type body it would be a good source of spares. Get the one with the axle kit as well and replace those horrible wheels that Triang fitted!

Mr.M

·
Registered
28 Posts
personally i prefer the english yellow wheels on the jag-the reissue spanish ones in silver look crud,and if i could get the ones off my mirage to fit then i'd swap em over(too wide though)
jag looks great in red

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Well, I guess we are all different and just as well!
I've never seen an E Type with yellow wheels and I hope I never do!

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Dear Swissracer

Spare parts for most of the Exin Scalextric Spanish cars are available from a shop in Barcelona called SLOT MANIA.

They have a web site;

www.slotmania.net

They have nearly everything you could possibly want to repair Spanish cars. Note they do not speak any English.

Ref your Red Jag, i'm pretty sure this is not a UK issue. To my knowledge the UK cars are all green.

You might like to know that the Spanish magazine cars are being re-issued with new liveries/colours. They are only available in Spain and Portugal, but if you know anyone in Spain it's worth getting a subscription. The E-type is bound to be re-issued. The first issue is in metalic Blue.

BTS in the UK may also stock replacement chrome for the E-types.

Gareth

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
The lancia is also missing the rear view mirror, I should have both the mirror and filler cap if you want them.
Yellow is the rarer of the colours for this car.

The E type is a UK car, it was issued in green, white and red in the UK, red is the rarer of the colours. although it is hard to get a nice clean white one.
BTS does do the chrome for this, but Slotmania would be best for quality.

The Porsche is missing the mirrors and the correct decals, these are also available from Slotmania. This not the mexican car and was released in Spain in this eggshell blue, orange, yellow and white plus a variety of livered cars.

the Lancia is worth about £45, the jag £100 and the porsche £25 in their present conditions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts