SlotForum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
QUOTE (taxi @ 14 Jan 2009, 12:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely work Ronan, it just gets better and better.

cheers,

Rob

Thanks Rob! I have to say I've been having a look at your new 3 lane track for more inspiration!

I have more lighting signs like the Sunoco one to add and more areas (the corners, pit area and the inside of the other squeeze) yet to do/finish, but overall I'm very happy how the overall look is taking shape.

·
Registered
326 Posts
QUOTE (taxi @ 14 Jan 2009, 22:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely work Ronan, it just gets better and better.

cheers,

Rob

Wot he said

QUOTE (Ronan @ 14 Jan 2009, 10:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What did you use between the ripple strip and the guard rail?

Regards Mel

PS I think I'm taking one of your cars for a spin next week

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
QUOTE (Ontheflipside @ 14 Jan 2009, 21:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wot he said

What did you use between the ripple strip and the guard rail?

Regards Mel

PS I think I'm taking one of your cars for a spin next week

Thanks Mel!

The "sand trap" between the painted on ripple strip and the guard rail is woodlands scenics fine sand coloured ballast. I used some slottrackscenics brackets for the scalextric barriers to attach them to the track first, then I masked off the ripple strips, sprayed the area around the barriers with scenic glue and sprinkled on the sand coloured ballast. I think it looks a bit like a sand trap, but of course not much of a one as you would not be slowed much in real life before clouting the barrier! Looks nice though!

I hope my proxy Focus holds up for the next round! It started off well, but it has proven to be easy to deslot on some tracks and a wheel fell off before Xmas! I'll be better prepared for next year!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks 4 the info.

I pick the proxy cars up on Sat night so will give them all a quick once over on Sunday/Monday.

The Focus cars go reasonably well on my tracks but I have to say the Subies are hard to beat and I'm not even running one.

Took a wild punt this year experimenting but hasn't paid off so far.

Keep those pics coming of your track. I have a heap to post with mine when I get them sorted.

Regards

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
QUOTE (Ontheflipside @ 15 Jan 2009, 11:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks 4 the info.

I pick the proxy cars up on Sat night so will give them all a quick once over on Sunday/Monday.

The Focus cars go reasonably well on my tracks but I have to say the Subies are hard to beat and I'm not even running one.

Took a wild punt this year experimenting but hasn't paid off so far.

Keep those pics coming of your track. I have a heap to post with mine when I get them sorted.

Regards

As long as my Focus stays in one piece I hope it will at least be a mid-fielder! As a newbie to the whole proxy scene I'm taking this year as a learning experience (at least that's my story!).

Plenty more pics planned of the track! I have to tidy it up a bit now to get back to running cars though!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
QUOTE (doubledragonxx @ 15 Jan 2009, 13:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Track is looking very nice, keep up the good work!

Could you confirm where you got your Bauer pit building and Shell Control Tower from?

Thank you! Plenty more stuff to add to the track as well, so hopefully the look will improve.

I got the Bauer pit buildings and tower from www.slot32.de in Germany (here is a link to the Bauer page on their site: http://www.slot32.de/wbc.php?sid=71224ee1b...html&rid=89 )

I think MRE also has them in stock as well. ( http://www.mre.co.uk/catalogue/search_resu...mp;x=70&y=7 )

In general I found them to be easy enough to put together and give the track a nice late 50's, early 60's look.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.