SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
After some frustration with SSDC and pacers losing their 'pace' mode, i decided to try out PC LC again, and with the latest version just released, it's quite an app.
New pace car settings, pit lane support, re-run a race with just a press of a button, and I really like the race histroy data and such, which isn't really there in SSDC. I know there's ways to access the DB, but it's a bit of work...and i'd rather race...

I'm having one strange issue though. I like to reduce my 'max' power to the car, since i'll never use 100% on my track...but still maintain a 'full' trigger travel.
In SSDC, this was fairly straight-forward. I believe i have my power at around 40%, and the controller responds in a nice, linear fashion, up to full throttle/full trigger.
that makes it easy to modulate, and much less twitchy.

I'm trying the same thing with PC LC, but it just doesn't seem to work the same way. So, if i set power to 50%....yes, the car will definately run slower...but it hits that 'full throttle' at about 60-70% trigger position, and the last 30-40% of travel do nothing. So, it's still as twitchy, just slower....

Any thoughts? where am i going wrong?

Win7 Pro, 64
APB ver 1.9
latest versions of SSDC and PC LC
Digital Plat. set, extended straights and PitPro Deluxe

-mark

·
Greg Gaub
15,379 Posts
Have you contacted Guy (PCLC developer) about this? Maybe he needs to include some kind of throttle calibration, or change the way power limits work for the APB.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just purchased PC Lapcounter after some recent frustrations with SSDC as well. What you'll need to do is adjust the throttle curve for each driver and leave the max power at 100. This ends up giving you more control over the entire curve than the latest SSDC versions however it takes more tweaking time. Start with the right hand numbers which will be at 63 by default. Drop those numbers to around 40. Then even out the rest of the 14 or so spaces to make a gradual curve. Run some laps.. re-adjust... repeat etc, etc.. SSDC used to use the same method but now uses the simpler approach with the 3 knobs.

Unfortunatlely the throttle curves in PC Lapcounter can only be set per driver and not per car. Andy got it right in SSDC with throttle curves being used per car. Actually I wish they would both have a curve in the driver profile and then an option to override it with the car's curve if you wish.

As far as PC Lapcounter support... I was able to get a bug fix in less than 24 hours just by sending an email. I was evaluating at the time though... so maybe there was that extra bit of motivation

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
QUOTE (progsong @ 3 Aug 2012, 23:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far as PC Lapcounter support... I was able to get a bug fix in less than 24 hours just by sending an email. I was evaluating at the time though... so maybe there was that extra bit of motivation

That's par for the course. It's my experience even after paying for it and much appreciated
. Guy must be very passionate about his program.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts