SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (Jamie @ 25 Apr 2004, 20:35)The idea that you can watch a visual representation of a (similar kitted) competitor on screen from elsewhere in the country/abroad, well it's sounds quite a nifty idea.

To be truthful, you can't beat the satisfaction gleaned from racing people in the same location
I'm not too sure about that Jamie. I've had many an enjoyable online race with people as far afield as the USA and Australia. This wasn't with Sport world, but a video game, for which I use my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback steering wheel. Worth every penny as it kicks back over irregularities and goes light at appropriate times (any of you having a real car on opposite lock will know what I mean).
DOn't get me wrong - I really do enjoy the social aspect of getting together at a club night etc. That is one fundamental aspect of the hobby - meeting with like minded individuals, but I do have the opinion that online stuff can be fun too.

However, if I want to play agame and forget about real events the I'll power up the PS2 running Gran Turismo 3

Mark.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.