SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Ian
99 Posts
Here is five months condensed into five pictures! For those that have not looked into my blog of late

This is scratch building of a slightly different kind I started with a garden!

That was gradually transformed into a lump of concrete.

On which grew my Shed!

That gradually got a structure.

This is where I am at now, just have to fit the Rally section then on to the fun stuff….

Landscaping….. May take some time, I'll post some more in five months.

·
Marc Abbott
1,914 Posts
Brilliant - well done.

Now that you know what you're doing, I could do with the very same thing at the bottom of my garden...

I'll make sure I keep out of the way whilst you're doing it too.

ABBO

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Nice shed Ian. It looks like you're off to a great start on your track too. I'm looking forward to seeing your updates.

Brad

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Fantastic - I don't like to think what price you had to pay to Mrs Bleep in order to get planning permission to build that!

·
Registered
198 Posts
What's the size on that shed? It looks small (in a good nonobtrusive way) from the outside, but looks surprisingly big on the inside.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Bleep as always excellent work keep the pictures coming ill keep an eye out for the blog as usual well done

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
That's not a shed, it's a second home!
I used to live in a flat smaller than that!

Ian, it's great to see thing coming together after all the trials and tribulations. Enjoy yourself and keep us updated with your progress

cheers,

Rob

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Hello Ian,

that is a good start

love the diner with the hotrods in front [actualy am quit jalous of that]
cant wait till 5 months from now...........................................

the one with the flames is that also a slot car[can't see it proparly but looks like Mercury '56'?]

cheerio

·
Ian
99 Posts
Now where to start?
ABBO, I'll be free this time next year what's your address I'll be round, every man should have a shed.

rallyhub I have just seen your latest track space we are about at the same stage so it will be interesting to see both tracks progress I really love those wire trees Very nice! Having seen your other two tracks I am sure yours will be far nicer than mine. Though I have already got a Scandinavian style Shed!

Brad that you would even look at my offerings is an honour, I lack your patience and skill but I have picked up many of you tips along the way I will do my best.

Astro, Mrs Bleep is a very nice lady and lets me play with my cars (and will probably read this too) at least I'm not hard to find if I'm not indoors on the computer I'm in the shed! Now I'm sure Hugs would allow you to do the same at least she would get her garage back!

Bill,what it will have is a subtitle inspired by jmswms (Insert here all that I have said to Brad) your track has so many accolades I wish I was half as clever as both of you.

Pupkick the inside space of the shed is 5mtr x 5mtr thanks for looking.

SPZERO we're all following your track too. Though what you can't see here Rally Cars are my favourites too that's still to come!

Nikko pull yourself together! Don't shed a tear! (stolen from lone racer) it's all good fun.

Alan just remember you did it first! It was your shed that sparked the idea for this,(so it's all your fault) Mrs bleep will be sending you the bill. Again (Insert here all that I have said to Brad and Bill) just half as good as yours I'll be a happy man!

Rob, no room for a bed YET! Though it does have its own fridge, 2 computers the internet, TV, a telephone, I seem to have spent a lifetime in there already, I guess It'll have to be a hammock! But I still have to come out for FOOD!

Jaak, Diner is foam board most of the cars are Carrera except the one you mention cheap diecast from the pound shop wrong scale really but it sits nicely with the others. I'll check it out next time I venture out there tell you if it is a Mercury '56' or not. Your tracks looking great too another one I'm following.

Thanks for all the comments really appreciated.

·
Tel
4,061 Posts
QUOTE (bleep @ 10 Sep 2007, 21:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No room for a bed YET! Though it does have its own fridge, 2 computers the internet, TV, a telephone, I seem to have spent a lifetime in there already, I guess It'll have to be a hammock! But I still have to come out for FOOD!

I have been following your blog enviously .... and now you tell me you also have TV, Fridge, Internet and 2 PC's in there too !
Come out for food ?? naah , install a phone and order takeaways
, I think if I had a shed like that, my wife would never see me

That calls for even more envy

Seriously, I look forward to testing it out sometime

·
Ian
99 Posts
Neigh! Tel,
All I have to do is mention "Black Beauty" and you're still able to buy cars!!!!!
The envy can go both ways!

gokartride - Parts of it In my blog I'll do a current one as soon as I get a moment..

·
Registered
581 Posts
bleep...one more question. Could you point me to any info you may have posted on separating the power base from the sensor track? Easy? Complicated? Thanks.

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Do we all get an invite to the Shed Warming Party?

·
Ian
99 Posts
Gokartride - I did it ! has to be easy
I'm a technophob hate electrickery but remove 6 screws from the base of the track as far as I can recall there are eight wires that connect the track to the PB (Now the technicians look away!) I simply cut them extended each one in turn probably totally wrong but it worked

Ewan, that reminds me I need to get some heating installed coming soon!!!

Party!!!!!! You think I'll have any money left when this projects over with
I may not be from Scotland but I have very deep pockets and dead short arms! I have already got the neighbours queueing up for guided tours! As soon as I have earned enough from the old folks down my street your up next
Whoops Savage is booked in as First Official visitor probably Christmas 2008

Just going back in time to see if I should have done it differently!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
QUOTE (Savage @ 11 Sep 2007, 11:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think if I had a shed like that, my wife would never see me

I think if I had a shed like that I wouldn't see my wife!

Ian, I like the ghost VW...I was after one of them and the reality was about the same!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts