SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What...NO!

Just boys toys in the chalet!

Unless you can race sewing machines?
And the ironing board could be a routed HO track?
Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Bleep ,
Love the shed, (too good to call a shed how about "Chalet Francorchamps" !!! love the initial track plans, my missus has suggested a shed for my hobby too but can't seem to get timber, only tin so far...too noisy as we wouldn't hear the sound of the v8's over the rain!!
Keep us all posted and when its finished I want an invite...will come back to Blighty for the experience!!
Keep racing!!

·
Ian
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Squire,
Thanks for lookin' in and the comments….
"Chalet Francorchamps" is not quite right "for Me!" though you're right it should have a name other than the "Shed" that has got me thinking …could be a competition here?

"When it's finished" it has taken ages to get to this stage, I feel it's along way from being finished yet, but I'll let you know when I'm happy with it and you can pop round

I bought this one over the internet so technically you could do the same, but I'd hate to see the shipping charges though

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Great bleep! The track is a good size, the rally stage is a great idea (something which may magically appear on my track...) but amazing mate, brilliant.

Is there any scery, cause I can't see much?

Jon

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Here is some scenery I picked up at Mosport. When the wife found it in the garage she made me take it back.

Do you have an intercom to place food orders to the kitchen?

">

·
Tel
4,064 Posts
QUOTE (bleep @ 14 Sep 2007, 22:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NB Intercom in place

Right thats it ..... what will you charge me rent, I need to come live in your Cabin

I can't afford much but will be very happy to contribute to the work .......... unless that babe from Black3sr 's post is in there .. in which case I might find myself distracted very often

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
They may not be as over dressed, Ian, but she is real!
How come Black3sr always gets photos of young, nubile women?
I've seen him in his hat!

And I see Elvis has let himself go (in the background)!

·
Registered
91 Posts
My nephew built a brick "shed" beside the pool. Pool table, dart board, slot machine, beer cooler and stocked bar. My wife calls it the lil' boys room.....I call it testorone heaven...lol. That reminds me...need to pay him a visit.

Excellent work! I'm droolin' as I'm about to fit my track into the smallest room in the house....the one that the smallest tax write off just moved out of.

Keep the pics comin'.

·
Registered
91 Posts
QUOTE (Black3sr @ 14 Sep 2007, 15:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here is some scenery I picked up at Mosport. When the wife found it in the garage she made me take it back.

Do you have an intercom to place food orders to the kitchen?

">

Nice steady pic considerin' if it was me I was in the process of gettin' slapped, poked or thumped by the wife!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
At the end of the day, she was most likely being paid to be there and look like that!

A sobering thought?

Sorry to go off thread, Ian...but a few seem to have been distracted.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
THE REAL COST OF A SLOT CAR SHED
1 - Cooking dinner every other night for 5 years......bring home take out on the odd days
2 - Dish Detail Everynight for 5 years
3 - Laundry every sunday afternoon for 3 years
4 - Clean Bathroom for LIFE
5 - Clean up Bad Habits using the 3 strike rule...3 strikes adds 1 year to Dish Detail!!
6 - Car Interior Detailing every other Saturday including a Wash & Wax!!
7 - Family Time Clause - Must be at ALL family functions for 3 years...No Exceptions!!!!
8 - TV REMOTE Control Must be Handed over every Tuesday Thursday ,Saturday & Every other sunday!!
9 - Pub Time limited to 1 hour per month and must not interfere with the above schedule

and.............the Biggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#10..............are you sure you are ready for this??
10 - I want another Baby!!!!

Its OK Ian...theres a little free time in there!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Boy you must LOVE slot cars WAY more then I do
I was out by # 2

I told my old lady that I could go out and play with girls or stay home and play with my toy cars!!

she said well if that what you want then get your slot cars

I thought she would see it my way

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Life sucks eh Todd? Glad she gives you time off to lay some tile.

I cook most nights unless it is the nights I go to the local 1:1 track and I eat there. I leave her leftovers -).

Bathroom in basement is MINE so I get to clean it.

Sold her car long time ago so that problem is solved.

THe remote and the 42" HD is MINE. To get that I had to buy her a smaller HD for her den though. Darn cable bill is costing me 2-3 slot cars a month.

Pub time is no problem and I just celebrated my 5th without those demon spirits.

Oh here are a couple more that I did not bring home though the idea crossed my mind.

">

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
Bad boys for highjacking Bleep's track track shed thread...
But as I didn't start the diversion, here is my contribution:

On the Todd list:

1. I am not allowed in the kitchen
2. I am not allowed in the kitchen.
3. The laundry is "outsourced"
4. I am a tidy person, so I tidy the bathroom behind me, but CLEAN it?
5. Wife tolerates my bad habits because they could be worse
6. Wife cleans car or takes it to car wash.
7. Family time clause: Family functions are fun.
8. I don't watch TV except when I am alone away from home in a hotel.
9. We go together to pub/bar when we feel like it - which isn't often. I like my evening red wine on the balcony. (anti-social old git).
10. When my second son was born 25 years ago, I had a "little fix', so no danger of any more!

Downsides?
1. When we had our new house built, I negotiated a 5M X 3.5M room as a Home Office/Hobby Room. But since we moved in 6 months ago I have been working away from home a lot so Wife would not be amused if I spent precious time at home isolated in my "playroom" building track tables...so permanent track remains on paper and in imagination for now.
2. If I even THOUGHT about taking home one of Black3sr's "track ornaments" I would get to be very dead...painfully

Cheers,
Tom.

21 - 40 of 121 Posts