SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Tel
4,062 Posts
QUOTE (Tileguy @ 15 Sep 2007, 13:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>THE REAL COST OF A SLOT CAR SHED
1 - Cooking dinner every other night for 5 years......bring home take out on the odd days
Hey, great I get to do dinner for only half the time, at the moment its all the time

QUOTE 2 - Dish Detail Everynight for 5 years
Situation normal, thank goodness for the dishwasher

QUOTE 3 - Laundry every sunday afternoon for 3 years
She does it at the moment, I pretend not to understand how the washing machine works, so that excuse will still hold

QUOTE 4 - Clean Bathroom for LIFE
Situation normal

QUOTE 5 - Clean up Bad Habits using the 3 strike rule...3 strikes adds 1 year to Dish Detail!!
see above

QUOTE 6 - Car Interior Detailing every other Saturday including a Wash & Wax!!
Not a problem, usually do it weather permitting anyways

QUOTE 7 - Family Time Clause - Must be at ALL family functions for 3 years...No Exceptions!!!!
Erm ... yep as per normal

QUOTE 8 - TV REMOTE Control Must be Handed over every Tuesday Thursday ,Saturday & Every other sunday!!
She has it most evenings as I am doing other things, weekends I am remote master unless I retire to the PC

QUOTE 9 - Pub Time limited to 1 hour per month and must not interfere with the above schedule
S'ok, cant afford the pub .... once in 3-4 months about covers it

QUOTE 10 - I want another Baby!!!!

She deffo does not want another, no worries

Does that mean I qualify for a free slot car cabiin ??

·
Ian
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You rotten lot LOOK what you have done to my thread!

Todd
1 - Cooking dinner every other night for 5 years......bring home take out on the odd days - Not allowed in the Kitchen when stuffs cooking!
2 - Dish Detail Everynight for 5 years - normal
3 - Laundry every sunday afternoon for 3 years - Banned from the Laundry

4 - Clean Bathroom for LIFE - No Chance
5 - Clean up Bad Habits using the 3 strike rule...3 strikes adds 1 year to Dish Detail!! I have no bad habit's.

6 - Car Interior Detailing every other Saturday including a Wash & Wax!! - Normal
7 - Family Time Clause - Must be at ALL family functions for 3 years...No Exceptions!!!! No problem as they live Next Door!

8 - TV REMOTE Control Must be Handed over every Tuesday Thursday ,Saturday & Every other sunday!! I don't watch TV Except for the Grand Prix's and I have my own TV and remote in the Shed!

9 - Pub Time limited to 1 hour per month and must not interfere with the above schedule - I don't drink!

and.............the Biggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#10..............are you sure you are ready for this??
10 - I want another Baby!!!! NO WAY! One was enough!

Black3sr
Look what Speed 6! I own the "Speed 3" you had the darn camera facing the Wrong way!

Tom,
PLAY-Room of your own! I cant wait till you get home I want to see this!

Tel,
The only way you will get a Slot Cabin is to sell "Black Beauty" and that aint going to happen! Still you can come and share mine..

All -sorry I had not seen all these posts earlier that's because&#8230;.. no I wasn't doing one of Todd's chores&#8230;. I've been working in my shed trying to get more done it's a long process I will update my blog tomorrow night if I get the little bit I am working on looking right.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Black3sr
Look what Speed 6! I own the "Speed 3" you had the darn camera facing the Wrong way! ohmy.gif

Bleep I am not sure what you mean. Did I do something wrong when taking the pic? It was possible as I was admiring the scenery.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Hi Ian,

Very steep indeed, but I think a lot of fun to drive with the rally-raid cars.

Keep those pictures coming.

rallyhub

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Nice work, Ian.

I have come to the conclusion that the Raid vehicles are excellent fun, (I think I will soon be getting more myself, my Schlesser is still on order, but no news as yet!) and your hill looks a suitable challenge for them!

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Hi Alan,

Quote:
Jaak, Diner is foam board most of the cars are Carrera except the one you mention cheap diecast from the pound shop wrong scale really but it sits nicely with the others. I'll check it out next time I venture out there tell you if it is a Mercury '56' or not. Your tracks looking great too another one I'm following.

you build that your self?
if so
Nice, looks good ,fits with the cars.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
QUOTE sell “Black Beauty”

NO>>>>>NEVER>>>>Sell the wifey, NEVER THE BIKE!!!! (you got a wifey Tel?? Sold her already eh...

Lots of Wifey material out there

NOT too many BEAUTY's!!

GAWLDANGIT Look at them Danged Hills!! I see AIRBORN Cars in your future Ian

In fact I could see calling it AIRBORNE RALLY SPEEDWAY

·
Stuart Walters
926 Posts
I go away for 1 week and come back to this 4 page thread that I've been waiting for the last six months!!!!!!!!! I always miss the great builds start!!(I see Luff has sarted and Rally Hub too) Seriously great work Ian, you are flying now. All that hard work with the shed build has paid off and I can tell you are enjoying every minute of it
. Looking forward to the next update

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Hi Ian

that is a very nice picture,the one with the hotrods 'smoking/burning rubber' love the light also in the diner

looks very natural not that unnatural white light bulb light [or is it lamp?] where did you get the figures standing around the cars?
they look nice,different! and how do you let the light burn on the Hotrods in the picture?
i have the yellow one now,and i noticed it has great light!
like you can see very well in your Pictures,whats the Diners name Mc Bleep or Bleep King ?

cheers

·
Ian
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Jaak,
Sorry about the late reply one month later
the figures around the cars are Homies from ebay.com.

The track is digital so the lights are always on with or without throttle the parking places are wired too so the have lights on.

Name of the Diner is of course "Road Runners Drive In"

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Hi Bleep

no problem for the late reply
am glad you did

about the lights on the cars ? i do have digital but don't have lights on any of my digital cars

but if i chip my hotrod and put it on the track the light will keep burning?
at least thats is what i am guessing after your reply

[sorry for the maybe stuppid question]

·
Ian
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Yes Jaak,
but you dont have to chip them if you put your car on the track NOW it won't work......BUT the lights will

·
Tel
4,062 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it though, the motor will have ac power going to it which can't be doing it any good
If you want to leave it as a pernament stationary car with lights, without chipping, just disconnect the motor.

Just checked the Blog, its coming along nicely Ian, starting to look the part

·
Ian
99 Posts
One year after work started today this track was officially opened yes my mystery guest is no longer a mystery "Zipp" did the Official opening as he was the first person to invite me to his track it only seemed fair that he was the first to visit mine! Though the track is far from completion it is working with just a few very minor technical points ironed out today the track itself is running as it was designed to do. We added the MS Mod so power is not a problem no matter how many cars are using.
I want to thank Kev for coming over through some absolutely atrocious conditions. I learnt loads from just talking and discussing setups, methods that we do differently we have totally different driving styles and setups and style of car in which we choose to race. I now have lots of thoughts on what cars I need to purchase in the future. (Just spent an hour or so scouring my favorite Slot shop Guess i'll have to wait for releveries as they seem to be sold out of the cars you brought over
) As you all know Kev is a stickler for keeping his track clean even though mine was running well he proved just how dreadfully dirty the rails had become in just a few weeks&#8230;.Again the whole day seemed to vanish in what seemed like just a few minutes and it was all over, but hey there will be a next time.

http://w61.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/bleep12345/e572e6eb.pbw

Thanks again Kev you know you are always welcome.

41 - 60 of 121 Posts