SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Gaydon returns after 2 years, I was browsing through the photos of our 1/43 stands from 2016/17 and 18 and thought that they may be of interest to other 1/43 slotters, so here is a selection, starting with 2016.

As this was our first year running a stand I had no idea what to expect but, with the able assistance of Erik West and his son, we had a good show and attracted a lot of interest which kept us busy both days. Many of the photos shown here were taken by Erik.

Even with careful planning, I managed to forget that we needed covers for the tables, so, as the photos show, we had to display the models on bare wood, they still looked ok though!

Table Furniture Automotive design Chair Flooring
Wood Floor Flooring Plant Engineering

The Carrera GO track proved popular with many of the young visitors, but we found the need to leave a clear area near the front of the central display table to allow for room for errent Carrera GO F1s to land!. The hillclimb was kept busy all day as well with a selection of mainly Carrera GO and Artin cars circulating.

On the display table we had a nice display of cars, parts and accessories with exhibits from:

Peter Pfister (Pfuetze), Austria.
Scratchbuilt cars with plastic, resin and vacformed bodyshells and a wide selection od 3D printed chassis, wheels and guides.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Toy

Marc Tyler (Datto), later known as founder of Immense Miniatures. USA
Scratchbuilt cars with plastic and resin bodies and some 3D printed chassis.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Philippe LeBras, France.
Plastic, resin and vacform scratchbuilt cars.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Dan Crowley, Canada.
Scratchbuilt resin bodied cars'
Table Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design Automotive tire

We also had a large selection of urethane tyres from Bruno at Retro64, France and gears and wheels as well as some cars and resin bodyshells and brass chassis from me, England!
Table Wood Recreation Toy Indoor games and sports

Over the 2 days we had a a constant stream of interested visitors to the stand, many interesting conversations and the time flew!

It was agreat learning experience and I made sure to bring tablecloths the next 2 years!

Regards, Lloyd

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Ah yes, the 2016 SlotFest. According to my little feature in SLOT No. 19 (pp. 60, 61) Philippe LeBras' 1:43 version of the Cox iso-fulcrum chassis under his Chaparral 2E was my favourite slot car of the whole weekend.

Richard.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, the 2016 SlotFest. According to my little feature in SLOT No. 19 (pp. 60, 61) Philippe LeBras' 1:43 version of the Cox iso-fulcrum chassis under his Chaparral 2E was my favourite slot car of the whole weekend.

Richard.
Yes Richard, and he went on to do more of those over the next 2 years, as I will show in the next post.
I had little or no communication with him, just the small parcels of little gems that would arrive in time for the shows!

Regards, Lloyd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts