SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since everyone was so helpful with my body repair question, I'm hoping some of you can help a vintage newbie with another issue.

I recently picked up a vintage jaildoor car that was in great condition except that the rear foams were rock hard and missing a number of chunks. An online tire manufacturer took the measurements that I gave him and sent me the tires that he said would fit, but they're too wide and 1/4" too large in diameter.

This is the wheel that I have:

And these are the dimensions along with the original tire O.D.:

Can someone point me in the direction of either what do I have, or perhaps a resource that lists the dimensions of the various vintage wheel/tire combinations?

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tires that I ordered are urathanes that are molded off of an original tire, but the tire used appears to be of a molded, not solid tire. I was hoping for something in a urathane or silicone because the tracks we run on here are either plastic or non-glued wood.

But if I have to go the foam route, do you have any suggestions on where to look for donuts that I can mount and then turn down on a truer?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.