SlotForum banner

Tire Help

801 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dgersh 
#1 ·
Since everyone was so helpful with my body repair question, I'm hoping some of you can help a vintage newbie with another issue.

I recently picked up a vintage jaildoor car that was in great condition except that the rear foams were rock hard and missing a number of chunks. An online tire manufacturer took the measurements that I gave him and sent me the tires that he said would fit, but they're too wide and 1/4" too large in diameter.

This is the wheel that I have:

And these are the dimensions along with the original tire O.D.:

Can someone point me in the direction of either what do I have, or perhaps a resource that lists the dimensions of the various vintage wheel/tire combinations?

Thanks!

Dave

See less See more
#3 ·
The tires that I ordered are urathanes that are molded off of an original tire, but the tire used appears to be of a molded, not solid tire. I was hoping for something in a urathane or silicone because the tracks we run on here are either plastic or non-glued wood.

But if I have to go the foam route, do you have any suggestions on where to look for donuts that I can mount and then turn down on a truer?

#5 ·
Don't know who sells Ortman urathane tyres in the states but am that they would have one to fit your hubs, in the UK you can try RS Slotracing.com.
For foams look at the harder wearing Wonder tyres by Alpha [I think], these would give you good grip and last much longer than the softer foams.
[oneofwos]

#6 ·
You can also try the paulgg urethane tires that are sold on ebay, from Canada; he's got a pretty good selection and I think he'd have one to fit.

For Ortmann urethanes, try Professor Motor, not far from you, or Electric Dreams out in California. Not sure if there are any commercial raceways out in your neck of the woods, but they would help you choose a foam tire that could work on bare wood or plastic.

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.