SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
I'm shaking my head (gently) in disbelief and wondering just how lazy you have to be to want one of these doo-dahs?

Bonus observation; is there a device in the pipeline that will automatically tighten the height adjustment to keep lowering the axle so it stays in contact with the sandpaper after some rubber has been removed??馃

#luddite
#areferenceforthekidsthere

Premium Member
Do you have a tire razor style machine?
Let's just say I'm not in the market for an 3d-printed doohickey.馃檮
It wouldn't surprise me if he even has a truer...sandpaper on a bit of old scaley track maybe ;)
I resent that! I'll have you know I moved to Ninco track years ago!馃

Premium Member
Then I'll assume you don't have one so don't understand how tedious it is to sit there moving it manually for what can be over an hour per wheel or axle. I can now do other things between turns of the level adjustment.

Since you're here, talking about things you don't like, have a look at this!

View attachment 283254
Are you attempting to bait me?馃 If so, you assume too much my flippant friend. I do have a razor and I'm fully converted to the Church of Glued and Trued. Wholly converted. Evangelical, almost.

Why, only today I finally got the bits to do 3mm axles so my 1:24 will soon be on the bench.

But I don't find it tedious. Patience, as my dear departed mother was wont to say, is a virtue.馃檹

Actually, I find the process of truing quite Zen-like. But don't spend anything like an hour on a set of BRM tyres. But on that side of things, I do often listen to a podcast as I sand. Time, very well spent.馃憤

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.