SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been racing an EJ 's Ferrari 365P2 (Strombecker body, EJ knockoff of brass Strombecker/Monogram type chassis, Fox motor). We race non-magnet, on tracks of usually 50-100 feet. My car uses 5-40 axles, at this point I would rather not change over to 3/32 axles, solely for a tire/wheel change.
I have been using the narrower Michael Ortmann tire (fits the Monogram/Revell) type wheel). The tire seems to have good traction on Carrera track. My feeling is that the Ortman tires are at least as good as the silicone tires. I have not tried the wider (3/8") Ortmans yet. I will not have any opportunity to test the tires on Scalextric track.
Our next race will be on Scaley track, probably one of the faster tracks in our series.
My options are to continue the Ortmanns, use the slightly wider Ortman, use silicones, or to use the EJ 15 tire (a pretty nice rubber tire, but not quite as sticky as the Ortmanns).
Any ideas would be welcomed.
thanks

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I aqree---

Ortmanns all the way, far superior to silicon and don't leave a residue.
The only track systems Ortmanns don't seem to like much are SCX and Scaley Classic.

Another great option when Ortmanns are hard to find would be Slot.It P3. The main problem with Slot.It is the limited tyre sizes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
QUOTE The only track systems Ortmanns don't seem to like much are SCX and Scaley Classic.

Swiss , I know you have a wealth of knowledge , but I run Classic Scaly - SCX combo and the Ortmans on this Porsche make it seem almost like it has a mag .

DE38

1 - 4 of 4 Posts