Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAF has reviewed on of the TKP32 kits produced by MMK. This is Kit TK3 the Porsche Carrera 6 longtail from Le mans 1966.

Click here for the review.

Thanks MAF

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm impressed that Marlon could put together such a comprehensive review (and build the kit) seeing as he only got the kit for Christmas!

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Yes, the joys of being off work over the holiday period

Being pre-painted also helped, normally I spend a lot of time cleaning up castings and preparing for paint but this one was all done for me

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Very nice build Marlon and a very comprehensive review. It would be interesting to compare performance with the "short tailed" car. I only say this as I have a Topslot Porsche 917 LH and I find that it defiantly handles better than the standard 917K, (non-magnet of course).

Regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I agree Alan, its easier to predict the slide coming and control it with the long tail car as opposed to the whippy action of the short tail (non-mag) in my experience.

I presume these MMK Carrera 6's will follow the same pattern.

May wait to see what Fly have to offer this year as a Carrera 6 from them has coming for a while now before going for a short tail MMK.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Many thanks, Marlon. Your work is always superb and I appreciate that you take the time to share it with us.

Happy New Year!
Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
great review and very nice work! Not sure how I missed it the first time round, but glad I've seen it now

·
Registered
146 Posts
Excellent review!
Impressive work too!
I was wondering about the exact contents of these kits and how much effort it would take to complete one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Marlon,

great work - I´ve just finished the red Daytona-version, but didn´t use the kit´s wheels for the rear-axle since their drilling for the axle seems to be too big. How did you solve the problem? I went for slot.it-wheels instead of the original ones.

Re. the inlet: I cut out a piece in order to place a bust in there.

My short tail is waiting to be built, also.

BR / Ulli

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Thanks Ulli. I used two part resin glue to fit the wheels so had plenty of time to set them square in the holes, plus a little tyre trueing and their fine.

Could you post some pictures of your car, be great to see it.

Best regards,
Marlon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts