SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Getting on with my track plans and research, I am trying to figure out what controllers to use. I really like the Slot.it controllers and may in the future go to an oXigen setup so they make sense as far as future proofing the setup.
I have read the whole 'wireless throttles for SSD' 24 page thread and that system sounds great but I still have a preference to the slot.it handsets. So the questions I can't seem to answer are:

1. Can they adjust braking for InCar Pro? They have a brake adjust knob already so will this adjust the brakes for InCar Pro or just with the oXigen system?
2. SCP-1's two lane change buttons as opposed to the single button seems a bit tricky, especially for people new to digital racing. With digital racing lines going each way one after the other you'd need to press the out button for one and the in for another which seems more tricky than just using one button as with the standard controller. Anyone experienced this? Any way around it? Is it right that you can press both buttons at once and is this in practice as easy as it sounds in theory?
3. Can you easily setup these controllers as wireless and add to a system with SSDC and InCar Pro?

Damo.

·
Greg Gaub
14,663 Posts
1) No. It has a braking system of it's own that pulses brakes in 5 steps (including full on and full off). For O2 cars, it has full adjustability as for analog use. I don't know of any way for the brake knob on the SCP1 to have an effect on InCar-Pro brakes at this time, though it's possible for Andy to include oXigen support through SSDC on an APB just as he has done for Scorpius Wireless controllers.

2) That's only for oXigen, and only when the lane changers have the oXigen LC electronics added to support directional lane changing. In SSD mode, it works as a "hold to change" button, and a "press and it will change lanes for 2 seconds" button. I'm not sure what point it would be to press both at once, except maybe in oXigen mode it will force a change no matter the direction?

3) Not yet. We're waiting for one (or both) of two things to happen. The full hardware solution of the CRI (cartridge radio interface) to turn the hardware controller into a standalone wireless controller with no need for an APB or SSDC or computer to do it is on the way, but not yet released. The other thing is for Andy to add oXigen support to SSDC in the same way that he has supported Scorpius Wireless controllers. This has not happened yet, but only relies on him finding time and encouragement to do it. Like the Scorpius solution, this would require the oXigen PC "dongle" and SSDC controlling an APB. This would support InCar-Pro just like the Throttle-Pro and Scorpius Wireless solutions.

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 1 Mar 2012, 23:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>2) That's only for oXigen, and only when the lane changers have the oXigen LC electronics added to support directional lane changing. In SSD mode, it works as a "hold to change" button, and a "press and it will change lanes for 2 seconds" button. I'm not sure what point it would be to press both at once, except maybe in oXigen mode it will force a change no matter the direction?

Correct: oXigen: press both at once to change lane no matter the direction

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, would it be a good option to use SCP-1 with the wireless throttle box to get wireless and also the brake adjust knob for InCar Pro?mod they work together?
Is there any info on when the SCP-1 will have its wireless abilities in full?
What are the chances of Andy adding support to SSDC for the SCP-1/InCar Pro option? That would seem to be the perfect choice for me. I like the oXigen idea but would prefer to have SSDC set up with wireless and InCar Pro first because I have some cars which weren't easy to chip in the first place and I think the aerial and hall effect sensor would be tricky to squeeze into some cars. I think I'd set it up eventually if they had smaller chips or maybe just with a class of more serious racing cars like Slot.it LeMans cars. Then I'd have the SSDC for some practice early in the night and then move on to oXigen and fast cars later on for full on racing once everybody had their 'eye in' so to speak.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
As a comment to above I would just like to inform that the SCS wireless system works great with the Slot.it SCP-1d controler. It works with both the 5V and the 3,3V versions and can even convert one to the other if needed.

All functionality will work exactly as if the controler were coonected directly to the base.

Thobias
www.slotcarsolutions.com

·
Greg Gaub
14,663 Posts
EXCELLENT NEWS! Is there any special action one needs to do to make the different controller versions work with the transmitter? Also, as I understand it, the receiver unit is the same for either the old or new SSD powerbases? If this is true, then the SCS wireless system effectively makes one slot.it controller compatible with any SSD base, and wireless!

QUOTE So, would it be a good option to use SCP-1 with the wireless throttle box to get wireless and also the brake adjust knob for InCar Pro?mod they work together?
Is there any info on when the SCP-1 will have its wireless abilities in full?
What are the chances of Andy adding support to SSDC for the SCP-1/InCar Pro option? That would seem to be the perfect choice for me. I like the oXigen idea but would prefer to have SSDC set up with wireless and InCar Pro first because I have some cars which weren't easy to chip in the first place and I think the aerial and hall effect sensor would be tricky to squeeze into some cars. I think I'd set it up eventually if they had smaller chips or maybe just with a class of more serious racing cars like Slot.it LeMans cars. Then I'd have the SSDC for some practice early in the night and then move on to oXigen and fast cars later on for full on racing once everybody had their 'eye in' so to speak.

I don't think the SCP1 works with the Throttle-Pro, but I could be wrong.
The SCP1 has wireless now, but only for oXigen. For SSD wireless, we're waiting on Andy to update SSDC, or for Slot.it to make the CRI.
I think the chances of Andy adding oXigen support are very good. How soon is dependent on his free time, which is already quite rare.
Slot.it said their smaller SSD chip will be coming soon, and their smaller oXigen chip is already in production (I believe).

·
Registered
239 Posts
MrFliipant, I have a SCS system, not the slot.it controller version, and I have tested them using the 4 car PB, PBPro with SH and on my new APB and the system works on all 3. I have no doubt that the new Slot.it version will work in a simillar on all 3.

·
Registered
239 Posts
To quote Denzel Washigton in the movie Independance Day...."Oops!" Sorry MrFliiiippppant I got an extra i and not enough p's in your name in my previous post so I inserted a few extras in this post to make up for my mistake!

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But, doe the SCS system allow the use of the InCar Pro and have ability to adjust the braking?

·
Greg Gaub
14,663 Posts
No. The SCS system would allow the slot.it variable, pulsing brakes, but no InCar-Pro support. InCar-Pro is pretty much wireless THROUGH SSDC at the moment. I don't see any other way happening any time soon, as the controller needs additional output to control ICP functions, and the powerbase needs to be modded to accept and interpret those new inputs. Only MIH himself has a hardware solution to controlling ICP settings on the fly.

BUT, if you have ICP chips, and SSDC with an APB, you can still have variable brake levels and light control, just not from the controller itself. At least, not with the SCS solution.

For that level of ICP control, you'll need to wait for Andy to add oXigen support to SSDC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts