SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My first scratch built slot car was a very thick vac mini Cooper. To get the scale of the tires right I bought two pair of the smallest Veco model airplane tail wheels I could find, turned them down to 10" in 1/32, and tapped them for 5/40 threads.
I owned several 1:1 Coopers over the past 50 years.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Here is my old Winnwagen Mini body.

It sports a 'Tupperwarish" body with separate clear windows and plated trim. I think it was a 1970's offering and was introduced as a planned (but failed) racing class.

The Playmo body appears to represent a Mk 1 body shell while the plated grill on the Winnwagen appears to be that of a later model.

As I recall the Winnwagen body measurements I made, it was 1/24th'sh in scale. The other plastic bodies were 1/32, but fit the same anglewinder chassis.

I have thought about making vac body copies and outfitting with 2.4 Ghz mini RC chassis for free range RC, slot, and magracing racing a bunch of these at the same time. I think these date to about 1973. I would venture to guess that the Playmo predates the Winnwagen by at least 5 or more years.

post-78765-0-85036400-1537486100.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,163 Posts
wondering if this kit pre or post dates the AJ's/Twinn K version. And if the bodies might be "the same".
The Tokyo Plamo kit was produced (briefly) in 1967. The Twinn K model was first released in 1974, and there is nothing in common between the two models other than the choice of model and the name.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts