SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Danish source tells that Tom K is going to ride the AUDI R8 one more time.
This time its for the American Champion Team.
I cant wait

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
No offence, but it would be nice to see the back of the R8's domination. You know, in a kinda let's hope that red car doesn't win it all in F1 in '05 way.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I follow you.
Tom K i like, but LM are becoming like F1

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
"Tommy K , the DJ?"

My wife has a passing interest in motor racing -- its hard to avoid in our household!

I asked her if she had heard of Tom Kristensen?
"No", she said.

"Have you heard of Jacky Ickx?"
"Yes, of course!"
was the reply.

"Well", I said, "Tom Kristensen has equalled the record of six Le Mans victories set by the great Jacky Ickx."

The response;
"So what? I've never heard of him!"

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes ! I agree.....

Fed up with this domination, I don't go this year because we can be sure of Audi victory,
let's have a look at the 2 teams (this is sure!) :
Audi Team Champion :KRISTENSEN/PIRRO/BIELA
Team Oreca : LEHTO/WERNER/CAPELLO
5 winners !
Why don't they change the rules like in the 80's when everybody was fed up with Porsche victories ? At the begining, le Mans was a "GT" race not a sort of "Tuning F1 car" race.
Since 1998, Porsche has got a car ready for race, tested by......Bob Wollek (
)
Remember the duels between jaguar and porsche, ford and porsche, ferrari ford......

Yes, it's damage that Le Mans is becoming like F1

Manu.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You can't change the rules it's not Audi's fault that the others can't keep up. Mind you it would be nice to see the Bentleys again
It's a shame Toms not driving for Audi UK but what the hell the best of British to him and the US team.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Okay the teams are sorted for the US Audi's!
I'm not to happy about this Tom's going to driving with JJ Lehto og Marco Werner and we all know what Lehto did to the BMW #17 at Le Mans in '99 with only 4 hours left of the race and a 50 km lead
the plonker!
But hey what the hell both him and Werner one the ALMS last year plus a 3rd at Le Mans last year with Pirro. I guess it could be worse.

·
Registered
366 Posts
QUOTE (Russell Sheldon @ 25 Jan 2005, 07:14)"Tommy K , the DJ?"

My wife has a passing interest in motor racing -- its hard to avoid in our household!

I asked her if she had heard of Tom Kristensen?
"No", she said.

"Have you heard of Jacky Ickx?"
"Yes, of course!"
was the reply.

"Well", I said, "Tom Kristensen has equalled the record of six Le Mans victories set by the great Jacky Ickx."

The response;
"So what? I've never heard of him!"

Kind regards

Russell
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My wife knows who Tom is but not Jacky Ickx.
Where are you going with this?
Toms won 6 times out of 8 how many times did Ickx race at Le Mans in order to get his 6 victorys.
Not that I'm knocking Mr. Ickx
he's an ikon!

·
Premium Member
5,148 Posts
QUOTE Toms won 6 times out of 8 how many times did Ickx race at Le Mans in order to get his 6 victorys.
Without wanting to hurt your feelings because 1/ Tom K is a nice guy, 2/ he is a pretty decent driver, but a deaf monkey could have won in that car.
It is easy to drive, nearly unbreakable and faster than all the others. So you motor around for 8 hours between sleep massage and strong pills and whoopie, another win. Modern racing cars are too easy. Tom can be classified as "average to good" in the very tall ladder of driver ability, but he has LOTS of equal talent around him.

Jacky had to work HARD at it every time and is certainly higher on the talent ladder. Henri pescarolo won 4 times, so did Yannick Dalmas, and they are not of the same caliber. To win then, talent was as strong as the car you drive. Today the car is 90% of the equation, the driver is eminently disposable.
Regards,

Dokk Pea

·
Registered
366 Posts
QUOTE (TSRF @ 3 Feb 2005, 06:25)QUOTE Toms won 6 times out of 8 how many times did Ickx race at Le Mans in order to get his 6 victorys.
Without wanting to hurt your feelings because 1/ Tom K is a nice guy, 2/ he is a pretty decent driver, but a deaf monkey could have won in that car.
It is easy to drive, nearly unbreakable and faster than all the others. So you motor around for 8 hours between sleep massage and strong pills and whoopie, another win. Modern racing cars are too easy. Tom can be classified as "average to good" in the very tall ladder of driver ability, but he has LOTS of equal talent around him.

Jacky had to work HARD at it every time and is certainly higher on the talent ladder. Henri pescarolo won 4 times, so did Yannick Dalmas, and they are not of the same caliber. To win then, talent was as strong as the car you drive. Today the car is 90% of the equation, the driver is eminently disposable.
Regards,

Dokk Pea
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I said I wasn't knocking Jacky Ickx!

But I don't think you can say that Tom is an "average to good" driver
Just because he was driving an Audi I mean it wasn't the only one on the track. And if you take a look at last year his Team Goh Audi didn't have the same amount of resources as the Audi UK team.
And who was it sitting in the car when Team Goh took the lead

To be honest we had a similar situation in the 80's with the 956/965's how hard was it for them to win. Okay there was only 2 drivers in a team but still...

This sort of reminds me of when your down the pub and all these old geezers start telling you that the England team from 1966 was better than the England team of today.
"As If"

·
René &#39;Vialli&#39; Christensen
4,861 Posts
I can understand that you would be against Michael Schumacher because of his attitude, but there is no reason to be against Tom Kristensen. He is a nice guy who just knows how to race FAST!!!!!
Bet you wouldn't be against Jackie Ickx either!!!!

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 24 Jan 2005, 21:46)No offence, but it would be nice to see the back of the R8's domination. You know, in a kinda let's hope that red car doesn't win it all in F1 in '05 way.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem! In 2006 It will be the R10's instead.

·
Registered
366 Posts
QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 3 Feb 2005, 11:46)I can understand that you would be against Michael Schumacher because of his attitude, but there is no reason to be against Tom Kristensen. He is a nice guy who just knows how to race FAST!!!!!
Bet you wouldn't be against Jackie Ickx either!!!!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Såden René
You tell 'em

1 - 15 of 15 Posts