SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
A very informative and entertaining feature. Thank you RR.

I am intrigued by Tom's XO4 motor modifications. He seems to have done everything right but did he appeciate the importance of motor timing? Had he advanced the commutator by a few degrees would this have given him the speed to go with the extra power?

I suppose it's a bit late to find out now as he's binned it

·
DT
5,195 Posts
We've uploaded another article on Diesel Rail Racing by Jeff Davies. This is really the start of it all and the precursor to electric rail/slot racing. Just imagine doing this in the living room!

Click here

Thanks Jeff!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thank you Jeff for yet another wonderful feature. The cars look fabulous - true masterpieces of model engineering.

It must have been quite spell-binding to watch these cars in action: thunderous sound, smelly fuel/exhaust, imposing size. Oh yes

I hope these pictures will be included in your forthcoming book Jeff. I have seen similar before of course but only in faded black&white - the colour really adds a new dimension when it comes to appreciating these cars.

Thanks too to Nuro for presenting this.

G

·
I have had the following suggestion from Alan, "I would love to see the diesel railcars back in action. What a sight that would be and with the sophisticated engines and R/C gear available now could form the basis of a "new" branch of the hobby.
It would be possible to use the outsides of current outdoor R/C car tracks and run the two branches of the Hobby in tandem.

I really love the idea of bring back diesel rail racing using R/C to control the engine speed as this would give you the best of both worlds.

Perhaps a standard type class would be the way forward where chassis would
be a single make together with all components, but choice of body would be
left free. Similar to the type of racing TSRF are trying to promote. That
could be interesting.

Thank you Alan as I think this is a great idea.
RR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts