SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unsure if this is the wrong place to post this enquiry...if it is, please can someone point me in the correct direction.

Thank you.

Q: my slot cars currently race in opposing directions. I cannot find a switch to send both cars racing in the same direction.

Can anyone assist me?

Thank you.

Ceri

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Tomy system ,but I would make sure both back axles have the gear on the same side. If one is different,pop it out and refit it the opposite way. As I recall ,HO cars have no wiring to the guide system and I would guess the controllers only connect to the power terminal one way,so if its not the gear problem,I'm puzzled! I hope this helps.

TED...

·
Jim Moyes
5,044 Posts
I'll shift this into the HO section to be sure that the right people are seeing it, but I suspect Ted has already solved the problem.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
The rear axle has probably been taken out at some time and put in the opposite way around. The axle is 'popped' in and can be pushed out from the top of the chassis. With the body off (gently pull from one side to remove), Flip over the axle and push it in until it 'clicks' back into place.

It is posted in the wrong place (the admins may move it) but lets get you going first!

More help and advise for these cars can be found in the HO section of the forum.

Andy w

·
Rich Dumas
3,589 Posts
If you have cars with the rear axle assembled the same way but they run in opposite directions then one car must have the motor magnets reversed.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
If the axle is in the same way in both chassis, the whole motor needs to be turned over!

·
Rich Dumas
3,589 Posts
The Tomy Turbo uses an open frame can style motor and one of yours may have been installed upside down. You could turn the motor around, but it would be easier to flip the axle assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts