SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
I`ve been promising to treat myself to Tonys`(superhornets) book "Electric Model Car Racing In Britain" for some time now.
But it`s one of those things that I`d just never got round to, until last week.
I`m really pleased I got this book. Priced under £20 it really is excellent value for money.
The book is hardback bound , & the (plentiful) photos & illustrations are printed on 190 pages of high quality paper.
The chapters are well laid out , interesting & easy to follow.
There is something in this book for every slot fan whether you are a collector like me, or an out & out racer.
There`s even a cool photo of Derek Cooper looking like something out of Procol Harum!
Cheers,
Kev.

Derek Cooper....cool dude.....

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Kev
Thanks for the kind comments ,and the fact that people enjoy reading it ,makes all the effort required to write ,publish and print the book worth while
There are still some left ,only £15.99 plus £4 p and p for slotforum members
see also the thread under history and culture

Cheers tony

·
Registered
503 Posts
Kev,

I agree; Tony's book is a great read--I've got a copy here in my office. The history probably means a bit more to those who know these folks in person and have built and raced with them, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
interesting stuff all ...

!! long time girlfriend !! - just how old is everyone in that photo??!!

slot cars and girls at the same time ...!! good show

i would think for most boys it went ... slot cars ... and then girls ... and the slot cars
got left by the wayside ... until later in life again of course

just a guess

cheers, Ron

·
Phil Smith
2,626 Posts
QUOTE !! long time girlfriend !! - just how old is everyone in that photo??!!
slot cars and girls at the same time ...!! good show

This must be around '70-'72 so Derek would be 21ish
Long term girfriend in those days was probably one you had been out with for more than a week!

Derek has told me that when he asked girls parents if they could go away with him for the weekend to play with toy cars they had no problem at all, guess they thought he must be harmeless if he was still playing with his toys at 21 years old!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts