SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i'm very interested by scratch, but how do you arrive to have very right chassi

i mean that when i'm using iron (tubular chassi) : nothing is in front of the other side : but i try to make some tools but i'll be very interested by seing yours

thanks a lot

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Hello elicend

I'm not quite sure of your question. Are you asking what tools people use when building chassis or are you asking how do you design a chassis.

Please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

All the best

David

·
Registered
147 Posts
In the "old day,s" I managed to get by with the following :

Weller soldering gun
Large cutting pliers
Small needle nose pliers
Junior hacksaw
Plastic ruler
Graph paper stuck down on a piece of formica

Since my "second coming" I have made a jig plate from a fiberglass insulation material used in plastic moulding with pitched out drilled holes to take welding rod pins .
I find if you drill holes over the whole plate you can use them to align any element of the frame . A dremel motor tool and a 100watt iron are my other two big advances .
I would guess the next step is a drill press , mini lathe and mill and then a CNC machining centre and wire EDM : )

Richard

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi

QUOTE Are you asking what tools people use when building chassis or are you asking how do you design a chassis.

thanks for your answers

in fact, i was asking about tools used to build chassis, but i'm interested by the deseign too

i'll watch the site proposed

elicend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.