SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never had any problems in the past, but placed an order on the 5th September, no goods yet, nor reply to my emails asking when I might expect to receive delivery.

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
I find this company to be one of the very fastest in the UK - it’s one of a number of UK based companies that… at least from my experience… turn around an online order in just a few hours. Impressive I say!

And for the avoidance of doubt I have no links whatsoever with any retailers in the UK. I should also add - there are other retailers in the UK, too, that I would put in the same category… ‘super fast and super reliable’.

c

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I have to agree, Darren has 1st class service, the only delay I have ever had was if a part or car was not in stock and he always got in touch to keep me informed. Brilliant service!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I have to agree with others here. I've never had a problem with TSnT. Maybe, DDS, it's time to pick-up the 'phone. TBH some suppliers (and not just confined to the slot hobby) really aren't good at responding to e-mails. :(

Reactions: justDave

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Just to add, based on my experience as a customer all the UK retailers at the professional end of the slot car market appear to send two emails. The first acknowledges the order has been placed (including order number) and the second one usually indicates dispatch or flags any supply issues. I think its a bit unfair to focus in narrowly on one retailer - but in the general case… surely the following makes sense?

1/ check you received order acknowledgement (if not, is it in your spam/junk folder? or did you type in your email address incorrectly?)
2/ check whether payment has been actioned e.g. via paypal account or bank account etc.
3/ as mentioned above maybe pick up the phone and have a polite chat - if a mistake has happened in the course of a transaction it may potentially have occured at either end.

Just my tuppence worth…

c

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
In long ago days when I did something, but not quite, approaching a loose definition of work, I quickly discovered that people bombarded with emails on a daily basis quickly got snowed under.

In the case of one chap I knew, he frequently deleted email without reading it, largely because he hadn't sufficient time. However, he and many others in similar business settings, made weary by cyber traffic, told me that they always looked forward to receiving, and responding to, handwritten letters sent by post.

The assumption is, of course, that someone who takes the trouble to put pen to paper might just be sufficiently serious to warrant a prompt response.

Worth a thought, eh?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I wrote to my doctor and was rewarded with a face-to-face appointment, which had been denied when contacting the surgery by telephone.

·
David Collins
2,497 Posts
I placed an order last Saturday, got a notification of despatch on Monday, and it arrived in the post on Tuesday. Can’t get much better than that! The usual fast and efficient service I have always received from TopSlots.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
TS&T has given me great service and prices to France over the past few years - it's was my go to slot car supplier but there doesn't appear to be much in stock now. I fear they may be winding down the business. Anyone know if that's true?

·
ParrotGod
11,089 Posts
For what I heard they are moving to a new location and have reduced their stock at a very good discount. I got some excellent deals on NSR cars and some more.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I've always had good service from Top Slots n Trains. I really hope that their business is going ok, but I am concerned that this is a "fire sale" hope I'm wrong as they are my first choice supplier.

Reactions: HiFi and Trisha

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Hmmmm..... I have some vouchers that I was hoping to use on the new Bond Aston Martin. But no sign of it on the Web site and radio silence on phones and emails.

I hope that Darren and Co are all OK and will continue to offer the great service that we have com to know and love!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts