SlotForum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi All,
I've always had great service from Topslots in the past but I've got a couple of orders which have been outstanding for a while now and my emails and voicemails have been going unanswered for a few days now. Does anyone know if there are any problems there? Hopefully not.

Roger

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
I've read they don't answer phones & email monday/tuesday....dealing with weekend orders??....read on website somewhere

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I use TST all the time and am very happy with them. However, I've been trying to sort out an issue with my Lotus 78 and after sending an e-mail on thursday, I got a reply on monday morning and replying immediately to that, nothing since. I'm sure they're just busy since they had holidays a few weeks back and have to catch up on orders, but still, I would like to have issues sorted out a bit faster than that.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all - I think the problem is with the Royal Mail at my end. Joy of sodding joys. I would have been surprised if it had been TST - never had anything but great service.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Hope you get sorted AOK.
I had some big problems with the Royal Mail last year.
If I wasn`t in the (new) postie was just scrawling a note on some random piece of mailshot, instead of using a proper Royal Mail card.
I missed a few packages this way!
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have placed a few orders with Topslots in recent months, and packages have been delivered to me here in NZ in around 8-10 days. Emails have always been answered promptly and otherwise service from Darren et al has been faultless. However the last order I placed on 06/07 only arrived yesterday 26/07. During the wait I had emailed Darren for a tracking number (expressing concern that the package was taking longer than usual) but got no reply. The package was ~$150 pounds and it was most likely Royal mail or NZ customs holding things up. Obviously I worried about nothing, but it was unusual to not get a reply to my email.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Never had any problem with - almost best service/delivery time of all shops, just orderd 3 cars today, will keep you updated

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just had a packet of wheel inserts - sent first class - arrive after having been posted on 19th July and the address was 100% correct, in large black letters just as the RM requests. Brilliant. Not the TST orders I'm waiting for - they were sent even earlier! Just makes you lose sympathy when the RM bleats about losing business to email and couriers.

And just to top it off they've made me sound like a grumpy old sod!

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Yawn

It's so stereotypically British to accept 99% of Royal Mail service in a nonchalant taken-for-granted style and then moan like bonkers about a couple of days delay with the final 1% as if the whole flippin' world was coming to an end

Topslotsntrains are great. A first rate joint just like MRE. I wish the other slotcar retailers in the UK were as sharp posting their stuff.

But let's face real life, a few emails left unresponded to for a couple of days and maybe a few days delay in delivery every now and again is pretty much small potatoes

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who moaned about TST or any merchant here? In fact everybody, me included, has been very complimentary about their service. World coming to an end? Who suggested that was the extent of the annoyance factor? Complaining about the odd delayed delivery? Damned right, although I don't think anyone here has moaned like bonkers. The RM offer a service and when they keep their end of the bargain no I won't jump around and praise them because that's just their job but I'll thank the postman if I'm at home when he delivers because that's just nice. I don't get praised for turning up to work on time and doing everything else I'm supposed to do - nor do you. When they screw up a delivery leaving me in doubt about the £80 worth of goods I'm waiting for then I have a right to be annoyed and this friendly forum is a place for like-minded people to vent their spleen occasionally about things that annoy them.

And things that have brightened their slotting lives as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.