SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Everybody!

The next Flanders meeting will take place the 22th of september in Hoymille (North of France) for 1/32 race and the 23rd in Nieuwpoort (North of Belgium) for 1/24.
Same rules as 2011 event and same tracks (Carrera for 1/32 and Orange king for 1/24).

New: a race for Scalextric Power Sledge will be organised after the 1/32 vintage event (but before going to the Saturday's estaminet
)

Here is the poster :

Maxi 24 entries per day.
10 euros per day or 15 euros for the week-end.

Every Vintage's fanatics are welcome

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (vfr750 @ 26 Jun 2012, 21:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Vincent,

I'm looking forward to this again

What are the rules for the powersledges? I have some motors but not any complete cars. Can I scratchbuild something?

Cheers

John
Hi John,

I hope see you back in Flanders!

Concerning the Powersledge, all had to be original. You can use repro tyres like Ortmann or Urethane but no sponge and no silicone. If you have'nt got any original body, you can scratch hard body or resin Formula 1 on an original chassis.
Cheers

Vincent

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Date noted! Looking forwards to this, found last year's event to be superb!

Now looking for a Powersledge - can anybody tell me which Scalextric cars were based on this motor/chassis combination?

Coop

·
Phil Smith
2,638 Posts
Powersledge cars were
C5 Panther
C6 Europa Vee
C8 Lotus Indy
C9 Ferrari 158
C14 Matra GP
oh! and not forgetting the prototype Bugatti powersledge but I doubt any one will be running one of these!

Panthers are the cheapest and easiest to get hold of.
I do have all of them in stock

John, should be able to find you a Panther body for your chassis, might be missing the exhaust though.

Powersledges run well on steel tracks due to the magnatraction effect, but the motors are notoriously unreliable and also differ wildly in performance!

Vincent, will there be a ground clearance rule for these?

Was going to book a hotel in Nieuport this year, but as there is this powersledge race will probably book the Hotel Du Lac in Dunkirk, just waiting to hear from Brad before booking as he may be coming.

·
Kitbasher
4,377 Posts
Hi Vincent, unfortunately I have a date clash so I won't be with you this year, see you next year instead OK

Peter

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi Vincent,
I have a Scalextric power sledge F1 car & may have a go in the event planned for these cars. The body of the car is okay, but tyres, one rear wheel & the gears are in poor condition. You have advised that tyres & bodies may be replaced & have specified what is acceptable, but what would you consider to be acceptable for rear wheels & gears? Do you want original push on Scalextric components fitted, or is there some flexibility?
Thanks, Stan Comley.

·
Phil Smith
2,638 Posts
Stan, Ortmann do the tyres for these, 28b for the earlier Panthers, Europa Vees, Lotus Indy, Ferrari 158 and Matra and 36a or 36c for the later C8a Lotus and C14a Matra all available from RSslotracing

and I have so many parts for these cars you can have them for free, anything you want except for motors and bodies.
Just pay my postal costs, let me know and I'll get them in the post for you.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@ tifosi : Sorry to not see you this year. I hope see you in 2013

@ Stan : For rear tyres, we accept Uréthane or Ortman models. No foam and no sillicone. Phil gave you every informations.

Regards,

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi Phil,
Thanks for offer, may I take you up on it for 50mm(?) long rear axle, gears (pinion & crown) & 2 rear wheels, if thats okay? I dont know how robust the gears are on these cars, if you think it wise & have sufficient, maybe 2 sets would be clever?
Thanks for the Ortmann tyre references, but I was going to give Paul G's Canadian XPG grade urethanes a try out. Dont think that breaks any rules? No joy with these tyres so far on heavy, powerful retro saloons & GTs, but wonderful on a light, lower powered Vanwall F1; Ralph ran it at the Wolverhampton meeting earlier this year & seemed happy. Not fast enough, was his only grump.
Do you have any power sledge motors, or brushes for them, if so could you give me a price please? The motor I have is full of oil & muck, so at the very least, the brushes are no good.
If you accept Paypal, please give me your Paypal address, or send a Paypal invoice & I will cover your P&P costs (how much?) for the no charge items.
My email address is, [email protected]

Thank you again, Stan Comley.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi Vincent,
Tyres allowed very clear for the power sledge event. I have however noted the 'great debate' on tyres for the 2011 meeting, to allow NSR tyres or not. The evidence seemed to conclude that NSR tyres did not incorporate any silicone & that NSRs, Ortmanns & Urethanes could be used together, with no detrimental effect to either. Just to be absolutely certain, could you advise please, are NSR tyres allowed in the main 1/24 & 1/32 events? As per Bordeaux.

Many thanks, Stan Comley.

·
Phil Smith
2,638 Posts
Powersledge cars were fitted with three types of wheel,

or

or on the later 'b' cars, C8b Lotus Indy and C14b Matra GP only.
gold or chrome

which do you need?

The contrates should give no problem, the motor does not have enough power to cause it any concern!

I will get the correct Ortmann tyres into stock in the next few days

1 - 20 of 96 Posts