SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is a simmering subject, I understand there are rumours circulating regarding banning the new Racer Zakspeed Ford Capri
for this year (possibly due to the fact that they could upstage the Peugeot 406 a/w currently being used by most people)
Yes I have one on Pre-order but I'm not the only one.

The Ford Capri is eligibile to race and I'm sure that if I were to or had been using a Fly Ford Capri no one would bat an eyelid,
I don't see how you can ban the same model from one manufacturer but not the other unless of course its because the under
pinings are from one manufacturer (Slot-it) and the body from another manufacturer (Racer), this all assuming the rumour is
true, I might add its undemocratic!! to CHANGE THE RULES mid term, this should be done before the year's racing commences.

As we race cars to the BTCC or similar why not follow the rules properly, ALL eligible cars should have FOUR DOOR bodyshells
for 2013 and also re-jig Super 4x4!!! to use other so called tin tops, how about Grp 5 Silhouette.

Robert.

·
David K Phillipson
1,443 Posts
I am in general agreement with this, removing a car that qualifies because it might be faster than other cars is ridiculous
It happened last year with the fly dorans, they were disqualified even though they qualified as fly fliers.

the new ford capris from Racer qualify as a touring car so they have to be included as legible regardless of whether they can beat the silhouette
otherwise the class should be renamed spirit silhouette class, then we can lose the class when present limited stock of cars and spares disappears (probably half way through this season

·
Mark Wain
479 Posts
I also agree with you generally Robert

If its a touring car, it's a touring car! As long as it meets other rules (motor rpm, widths etc)

The spirit pug was the car to have last year because it was good.......so you could argue why didn't we ban them then?

However I do think it should be discussed more "in club" so nothing gets taken out of meaning/context And the people actually involved discuss it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts