SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
The ART (Arab Radio & Television) Formula One coverage is sponsored by Toyota and we get a constant stream of Toyota commercials, alternating between the one featuring the Carrera Camaro, described by J-C, and another featuring a Toyota F1 designer on a beach, remodelling a car that his son made from sand to resemble a F1 car.

The commercial with the slot car shows a Toyota engineer's son driving a Carrera Camaro around a Carrera track, set-up on the living room floor, with the car constantly deslotting; the Toyota engineer opens up his laptop, brings up a graphical image of the track, keys in some data... and voila! He adjusts the front body mounting screws of the Camaro and his son races away at record breaking speed, without the car deslotting once!

It's interesting that on the English service of ART they pick up race commentary from ITV, as do many countries around the world. In October 2003 Toyota actually pulled out of the £25 million sponsorship deal they had with ITV, with two years still left in the contract. I guess that this is a much cheaper way of sponsoring the ITV feed, albeit indirectly.

With Toyota having a budget exceeding the GDP of a small country - and bigger even than that of Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro - let's hope that Ralf Schumacher and Jarno Trulli, along with Mike Gascoyne, can finally produce results -- their board of directors must be peeved seeing the view from the cockpit showing the back of the BAR-Honda's.

As Martin Brundle commented: "When Ralf is on it, he really is on it. Unfortunately he goes AWOL most of the time"!

I loved the other Brundle comments too:

"Kimi is really mustard over the kerbs!" and "Barrichello is giving it full bananas!"

Kind regards

Russell

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Don't despair, Scott. I've no doubt that Ralf and Jarno will have some podium finishes next year.

The Emirates / Toyota Team New Zealand entry for the America's Cup is doing rather well! They won the ACC Champion 2004 title, beating Team BMW Oracle Racing!

Kind regards

Russell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts