SlotForum banner

TR 4

8K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  kitmen 
#1 ·
With the colder weather and the holidays approaching I found myself with the time to do some slot car building.

I have some Airfix kits that need to be built so I thought that I would begin with the TR4.

I wanted the chassis to be made of brass and to have a front motor with a drive shaft.

Here is the body on the chassis to test the car.

The car drives very well on our track. I have to complete the car but having too much fun driving it!

Look forward to any comments/thoughts anyone may have.

Thanks for looking.

John Kit

See less See more
#4 ·
I'd quite like to see it, too, but the website the pictures are on is blocking them from being cross posted, so we can't see them. Flickr and Photobucket are both popular choices for hosting pictures to share in online forums, and both have free options available.

C'mon, chop chop, people are waiting...

#8 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for confirming that the photos (finally) are visible. My apologies for the delay and my lack of memory on how to post. (It has been a while.)

I must say that the motor makes this car a lot of fun to drive so I am in the process of getting some additional cars to the same stage and paint them all at once.

I apologize for not fixing the post sooner as I am working on an MGB which will be posted as a seperate thread with photos that will hopefully work right from the start.

Thanks again for your comments and your patience.

John

#15 ·
John and Belkris, thanks very much for your colour compliments!

The credit has to go to our daughter who chose it and now wants the car once it is built to race against me and the MGB on our track.

I actually use an old Ruskit "Adjust-o-Jig" to make most of my chassis. For me it works quite well and is very simple to use.

Thanks again for your postings.

John

#25 ·
Hi there John..

Very nice Builds, especially like the chassis, and great colour choice for them both. Well done...

Could you please tell me.. What wheels/inserts, have you used on the Blue one.

Have a great Chiristmas and New Year..

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.