SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I see a thread on here regarding an upcoming resin model of the TR 7 or 8 with correct proportions or was I dreaming?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
The burning question is... did the prototype TR7/TR8 have correct proportions in the first place

·
Kitbasher
4,297 Posts
Phil, if you send a PM to slotcarman you might get a very nice surprise!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,
QUOTE Is it my scratchbuilt TR7 V8 build that you've seen?QUOTE

Ian, yes and no! I saw yours, which is one of my favourite liveries, and that reminded me that someone had said they were doing a resin one in the correct proportions.

QUOTE The burning question is... did the prototype TR7/TR8 have correct proportions in the first placeQUOTE

Datto, I don'y know how to answer that one. My humble opinion is that it wasn't a successor to the previous TR's but as a car in it's own right it was 'of it's time'. Especially in 16V and V8 guise. I just like them. Just not the tartan interior!

QUOTE Phil, if you send a PM to slotcarman you might get a very nice surprise!QUOTE

Tifosi, thank you for that. I hope it is a slot type surprise. Don't want to get into any bother! lol

·
Kitbasher
4,297 Posts
I believe the master is being delivered to slotcarman any day for production of resin bodies, saw the completed 'buck' on the facebook scratchbuilders group pages...

So yes, a slotcar type surprise (phew!)

·
Registered
173 Posts
QUOTE (tifosi @ 10 Sep 2011, 10:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe the master is being delivered to slotcarman any day for production of resin bodies, saw the completed 'buck' on the facebook scratchbuilders group pages...

So yes, a slotcar type surprise (phew!)

So, should I be signing up somewhere else as well?

If I was a millionaire, these would all be 1:1 lol

I am easily pleased...

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
QUOTE (tifosi @ 10 Sep 2011, 11:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe the master is being delivered to slotcarman any day for production of resin bodies, saw the completed 'buck' on the facebook scratchbuilders group pages...

I'm interested in the facebook group but can't find it. Is it public access? If so would you be kind enough to post a link?

Many thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 10 Sep 2011, 12:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm interested in the facebook group but can't find it. Is it public access? If so would you be kind enough to post a link?

Many thanks

Might I be so bold as to add, me too?

·
Dave Capelen
2,774 Posts
Hi folks

Yes, Peter (tifosi) is correct, the master for a TR7 has been done. It is based on the rally TR7 which won in the Isle of Man.

I am on holiday until 21st September, but it will be arriving shortly after I return home and then after any last minute tweaks will be sent for the mould to be cast and we'll have look at the first few resin castings.

I have a couple of photos of it just before it was finished and will try and post them shortly.

Cheers
Dave

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE he master for a TR7 has been done. It is based on the rally TR7 which won in the Isle of Man.

Dave, is the master more to scale than Scalextrix's release from the 80s?

If so I'd be interested...

Greenman62

·
Dave Capelen
2,774 Posts
Hi Greg

The plan is that it will be true to scale - master by Martin Field. I'll post a couple of photos shortly.

So hopefully more of a 1/32 scale model than the good old Scalextric version...!

Cheers
Dave

·
Kitbasher
4,297 Posts
Sorry Dave! And I did not even mention the Clan Crusader

·
Dave Capelen
2,774 Posts
Hi folks

Here are the two photos, of the master in unfinished pre-primer state, but it will give you an idea of what it will look like. This was 2 weeks ago.

There are a number of other models in the pipeline, including the Clan Crusader and I hope we can get them all released in October.

I am on holiday until 21st September in Cyprus, then retiring from my day job at the end of this month. After that I hope to be able to focus on toy cars....

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent! Can't wait. Great looking car, yours, (the 1:1 in the eye of the beholder obviously) lol

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
QUOTE (Slotcarmann @ 10 Sep 2011, 12:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am on holiday until 21st September, but it will be arriving shortly after I return home and then after any last minute tweaks will be sent for the mould to be cast and we'll have look at the first few resin castings.

Hi Dave,

Do you get the mould made and then cast it yourself or are you subbing it all out?

I ask because I'm planning to make a 1:32 car for production and would be interested in the option of getting the mould made for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts