SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, whats the maximum measurement across the tyres out side edge to outside edge and maximum wheel base for 1/32 club cars. and the same for 1/24 club cars. thanks john. a not to exceed ballpark figure would be okay.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Depends which rules you are talking about.
Different clubs have different rules, it is best to ask the club you are interested in.

For "stock" classes it is usually to the manufacturer's standard size.

Some rules set a maximum width (different classes within the same rules often have different sizes)
Some rules require scale track within a tolerance (typical +/- 2mm or +/- 1/16 inch) -(track is the width from centre to centre of the tyres not overall width)
The widest that comes to mind is 64mm for closed wheel 1/32 and 83 mm for 1/24 - but quite a few clubs don't allow that.

Some rules require scale wheelbase within a tolerance
Some rules set a maximum length from the rear axle to the guide pivot (different classes within the same rules often have different sizes)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats a start thanks, i should have said for yank tanks with flared arches and modern le mans type cars.

·
Rich Dumas
3,589 Posts
For cars using aftermarket chassis, like the HRS, the wheel base must match the body, which may not be modified. Tires may not be visible when the car is viewed from above. In the case of cars that would have exposed wheels and tires, such as American short track cars, the maximum width is 2.505 inches or 63.6mm.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Modern Le Mans prototypes are built to a 2 meter max width limit - so that works out at 62.5mm in 1/32 scale and 83.3mm in 1/24.

If you are thinking of going to a club, check out THEIR rules. While I don't doubt Rich D has quoted the rules for racing in East Haven, CT, USA correctly, rules elsewhere may well be different. I've been to a lot of UK clubs and have yet to find one racing to the rules Rich quotes.

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
I agree with 300SLR, you really have to check out an individual club's rules. We don't have any rules on width, nor any rule on exposed tyres from above. Our yellow lane has an inside border over the bridge that would take you out if your rear wheels were too wide, so no rule is necessary...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts