SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hello from a newbie

I'm getting back into the hobby after a fifteen year break
and I'm amazed at the vast array of track and manufacturers producing stuff.

I've read various reviews on all the major brands, but just wondered what experience people have had with their own current track system.... let it be good or bad.

I'm ready to purchase a set next week, so any help on this matter will be much appreciated.

PS
My heart says Ninco as I'm a rally enthusiast, but my head says Carrera for reliability.

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi , welcome back to our great hobby !
I don't know how Carrea realy is , I never tryed enougth to criticis this track brand...
I know well Ninco and can tell you that this a realy good track !! Many possibility and growing Brand ! I own Scalextric but if I could begin again the inverstisment I would buy Ninco !

·
Registered
265 Posts
I prefer Sport as I generally run with magnets. The Carrera track has a higher nickel rail, so less pulled by magnets. Haven't seen Ninco track up here so I can't comment on it. I found the Carrera tough to hook up on with or without magnets, but it was smoother at the joints than the Sport (less bouncing down the straights). The other reason I use the Sport is that there are two shops near me that carry it and the add-ons for it (plus one of them gives me a break on the price)
Welcome back

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
I have Scalextric Sport because it is the most narrow and allowed me to squeeze the most track into a small space. It has been very reliable so far - only had my layout up for about a year.

But I've heard the following great things about Ninco:

1. Only manufacturer that includes a switch on the power track to allow you to race in both directions.
2. A rough surface that works well with the rubber tires that often come stock on cars - downside is the surface is not as good for silicone tires, some say.
3. The slot is deep and lined with plastic.
4. Flexible, so less chance of damage in connecting disconnecting pieces compared to Carrera.
5. Narrower than Carrera so you can fit more track in less space.

Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here in Spain , Ninco is the oficial track brand for Slot clubs and competitions for Speed slot races, and is going to be the most used in clubs and competitons for rallys too !
The deep of guide lane is very important and the diference with Scx is impressive , with Sport Scalextric not so much , with carrera i don't know.
The ninco grip is the typical "rally" grip (like the old SCX tracks)

I personaly prefere the smooth grip of Sport ...

I think is very dificult to choose a track brand

·
Registered
218 Posts
i like both ninco and sport.
for reliability i would say Ninco! had some troubles with sport cocnections, but maybe i'm unlucky. NEVER had those problems with Ninco.
for sliding on Ninco you should remove magnets and whooooom there it is!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Excellent stuff, thanks very much for your comments everyone. Looks like I'm going to go with Ninco, as it's my intention to build a hill climb track and possibly use the kit 4 extension set and off road sections that are available.

Still.... more comments will help me convince myself which brand to go with

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts