SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first time on a forum and seeing some of the help the members have given I have 2 questions, 1 is it all right to use autosol cleaner on the track to get rid of the tarnishing. Q2, can I put a sports power supply in my layout at the same time as a digital one, so I can power them individually with out damaging the other one that is unplugged, so when our grand son comes to visit I can put my old analogue cars on for him cheers John.

Prof I T
hi and welcome to the forum.

Yes you can use autosol on the rails, it's very mild so not to abrasive,have a look at getting some inox after you have cleaned it as it does seem to tarnish even quicker after cleaning by this method.

Better still have a look on ebay for plebys track cleaner, made for the job and the results are stunning.

As for putting 2 powerbases in one layout im afraid it's a BIG no no, even with only one powered up it will cause a short.

For best of both worlds have a think about the C7042 apb.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, bigbird , thanks for you for the info I will go and get so of the plebys cleaner,and I wont be putting two power packs on thanks again

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again bigbird I forgot to ask what type of Inox should I be looking for as I have never heard of this make before.cheers John

Prof I T
hi
inox mx3 in a pump bottle. There are one or two stockists in the uk. If you are uk based i have a spare bottle if you find it hard to find.

Perhaps someone can provide a link to the uk supplier, sorry no good at doing links...

Prof I T
hi
cheers Chris.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, ade and chris,thanks for the link I'll go and have a look,when I do get some, do you just spray it on and leave it or wipe off any excess, and dose it mark the track.cheers John.

Prof I T
hi
no it does not mark the track, a little goes a long way, a very long way.

Douse a cotton bud in it and wipe it on the rails, my first bottle is now 2 years old and is still over half full.

One thing wich is slightly worrying when you first pick up a bottle is that it reads non conductive, well this should be read as the absolute opposite because nothing even comes close for ultra reliable signal at the rails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts