SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there, i've been using this site to gather information about cleaning classic track for the last week as i have just fished mine out of the loft and it wasn't in pristine condition. My little brother has also accquired a TVR sport track for christmas and i had the idea of cleaning up my old track and combining our sets and constructing a big(ish) set in the loft.
So, i have the track and the converter straights from classic to sport but i lack the brains to create a 2 lane track. Is there any available software out there on the web that enables the user to put in the amount of track that they own and the software come up with a list of buildable tracks or suchlike?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ross

·
Registered
49 Posts
http://www.slotrace.com offers "Tracker 2000"

Has a stock list you can update/configure, and while it won't show you possible layouts, it WILL keep track of how many pieces of any given type you have remaining as you design the layout. Will also let you know if you've used more than you have on hand.

Has several track libraries as well, and the ability to create new pieces if need be, so mixing/matching to create your own library of track should be pretty easy.

It's $39.95, and imo, worth it.

HTH!

/gb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure i'd want to spend $40 on a piece of software though, especially as i've just spent a lot on converter straights and cars

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Try the links section of this site (or the link in my sig) for a source of software.

Tracker 2000 is the one I use and heartily recommend.

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
Deleted posts, indeed.

Software licencing is a serious issue. That's a clue to those who didn't see what got trashed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (Ross @ 8 Jan 2005, 17:32)Not sure i'd want to spend $40 on a piece of software though, especially as i've just spent a lot on converter straights and cars
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh...so buy one less car.

And Wankel...As a software developer myself, I REALLY wanna see what got trashed

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (xelayb @ 10 Jan 2005, 14:38)Hi,

You can try Slot Car Manager. http://www.slotcarmanager.de/ its free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I tried it immediately and it seems to do it's job well enough. However there seems to be just a handful of Scalextric Sports pieces, just basic straights and curves, power pieces etc. No crossings for example. Is there somewhere I can find more "pieces".

·
Registered
610 Posts
QUOTE (varakeef @ 20 Jan 2005, 20:47)QUOTE (xelayb @ 10 Jan 2005, 14:38)Hi,

You can try Slot Car Manager. http://www.slotcarmanager.de/ its free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I tried it immediately and it seems to do it's job well enough. However there seems to be just a handful of Scalextric Sports pieces, just basic straights and curves, power pieces etc. No crossings for example. Is there somewhere I can find more "pieces".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can define your own pieces just as you want. Use "Manage | Track Systems | Expanded view" - then you can add new pieces.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (Crazy-Chris @ 22 Jan 2005, 00:48)You can define your own pieces just as you want. Use "Manage | Track Systems | Expanded view" - then you can add new pieces.

Allrite, thanks a lot, Chris!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts