SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lad has got a Scalextric Start pack, as well as a quite a bit of "proper" Scaley stuff now (including the adaptors to convert Start to the normal stuff).

I downloaded the official track designer, and was amazed that the Start stuff isn't included in the inventory of parts.

Does anyone know either of a track designer which does include the Start parts, or perhaps one which allows "custom" parts to be added. If so, does anyone know what the radius of the Start corners are? I think I read they are effectively "R1.5" but that might be wrong.

Many thanks, and Happy New Year!

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I know that Ultimate Racer allows you to add custom/new pieces but I personally don't know how this is done. I am sure there will be other guys on here who can explain how it is done.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I've downloaded that previously and had a quick play. If that's the best (free!) option, then the next question is what are the measurements for a Scalextric Start 90deg turn.

Cheers!

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I guess one SS 90deg turn would be the same as 2 x C8206 (r2 corners)? http://scalextric.hornby.com/track-selector/

Do you have any standard R2 corners that you could lay on top of SS 90deg piece and then check if 2 x R2 corners are the same?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must admit that that "looks" right, but I'm sure someone else posted here that they are somewhere between the R1 and R2 sizes. I'll see what I can check tonight.

The Start tracks are designed so that they always fit together in whole sections without any small pieces required, so I guess a right 90deg, left 180deg, right 90deg section has the same length as 2 x straight Start pieces.

Matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Matt

Did you ever manage to add the Start pieces to UR3.0, because I have the same issue at the moment?

I have downloaded UR3.0, but as I only have Start track pieces at the moment it is very hard to work out a good layout when I do not know how the Start pieces will fit with Sport pieces, if you get what I mean.

Thanks in advance

Zetec-s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts