SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to this hope im in the right place.
Was looking for track design software (dont have any track yet looking at the platinum set, just trying to get up to speed b4 it arrives) I grabbed Scalextric Track Designer..is it me or is this awful!! I use a lot of CAD software and this is like a 20 year old beta. Ok stop complaining its free. But the snap dosent always work I cant pan , I can zoom rotate x n y . My track seems to be on multiple levels as if each new piece i add is down a level. I can only add track onto one end ie pb left I cant add to pb right. Did a simple circle and it wouldnt link up..

So further a field. I dont want to buy anything yet cause others mentioned are only 30 day trial and include managers and Im still not sure which way to jump yet. 30 days will probably run out b4 the set arrives. I was hoping to play with the design and order some extra pieces along with the set. So kinda need the designer first.

Appreciate thoughts.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Hello again Mark,

The Scalextric Track Designer is an absolute shocker. Although many have tried it, few have persevered and managed to achieve a desirable result with it.

There are a bunch of programs available that people use for track design. Some are free, some are not. I think there was a thread listing most of the options available (which I will try to find). But a couple of options worth investigating are: Ultimate Racer and SlotMan

Both have downloadable libraries for all readily available modular plastic track systems.

There are others, but I can't think of them. Will keep looking for the thread.

Cheers
Embs

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks petunia,
us onions have too many layers

I grabbed slotman.. all in german could couldnt understand a thing
must have missed a language switch somewhere.
Grabbed UR3 and I am getting somewhere with that..best slink off to work again now tho

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
TrackPower is the other one that I couldn't think of.

Haven't managed to find the definitive thread that I was looking for. But UR3 and Trackpower tend to be the favourites.

I only used SlotMan because I found it before I found here. Come to that I think I found SlotMan even before I found Auslot. There is a language option on SlotMan, but I've not got it installed anymore as my track is set in concrete or rather plaster.

Nice to know there'll be another race track in Cranbourne should I ever get back there.

Cheers

Embs

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have used Track Power a lot lately, and it is the absolute best. It is very intuitive. You are able to design tracks as soon as you begin using it, no learning curve to speak of. There is a slight difference between the model in the software and the actual track but nothing a closing straight will not cure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts