SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking a bit ahead of myself here. I thought I'd post the question now, rather than leave it until I've shelled-out more money un-necessarily.

Is it possible to manually control Scalextric C7014/5 pit lanes? I don't want to go digital. What I'm hoping to be able to do is put an alternative loop onto my track, so that I can change between long track and short track at will.

The reason for wanting to do this is that with my current layout I've got something like 8sec lap times with my rally cars, which I'm happy with. With the GTs and Touring Cars it's currently less than 6sec, and for this reason I'd like to put another 3-4mtrs into the layout to get these cars up to 8-9sec laps. However, if I do that I'll be looking at 12+sec laps for the rally cars, which isn't an option.

If C7014/5 pit lanes won't do what I want, is there any other off-the-shelf way around it?

I hope you can understand what I'm getting at.

TIA
Stuart.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You could disconnect the electronic gubbins and move the flipper manually if you wanted.

Or potentially you could rewire the electronic gubbins to a switch to change the flipper...? Not sure how but I imagine it would be possible.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking about this again. I don't think that my original idea will be any good due to space constraints.

So now, I'm wondering................

If I were to make a custom section of track out of routed MDF, how easy - or otherwise - would it be get it to connect to my Scalextric Sport track?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts