SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

We have added some nice bright lights under the bridge of our track which light up the lane colour of current 1st place, added some cameras on critical bends! Have individual lane power control and can control our cars for fun remotely using smartphone etc.

Can anyone suggest anything else we can add for fun or if there is something else that could be needed.

I need some ideas..... I'm getting bored!

Cheers

Benj

·
Registered
985 Posts
You have just got to make a man who waves the chequerd flag at the start and as each car finishes the race. If racing "proper digital" all the green flag lights round the circiut.

Crowd roars as the leader passes the grandstand (or boos if the current leader is not popular).

Pit crews on sliders that move in when the car stops to refuel (could use RC servos to move the sliders using magenets under the figures on magnetic bases) sheduled by an arduino board.

Rolling start using an arduino board to set the time to activate a lane change to let the the safety car at the pit lane entrance or use an old scaley pit lane to park the car using a servo to change the lane to let it in and set straight.
PS I spelt the name of the board wrong Arduino but servos are UK £2.50 and the board is simply programmed from a PC using a language so easy at the start that even I could do some of it and they are designed to run RC servos.

WELL YOU HAD TO ASK and I was booored!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got no pits tops!

Although I do have wav. Files for start and finish etc, I can even get a camera snapshot of winning car or driver!

Keep thinking....

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
benj,

Care to share any pictures of what you have accomplished?
From what you have described, you are ahead of most of us in the "track gadgets" department!

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts